'Assembly Product' button is greyed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Assembly Product' button is greyed out

Hi all - does anybody know why this might be? I cannot get the 'Assembly Product' button to become clickable.

I have created one (main) product and I would like it to be made up of two other (hidden) stock-controlled products which I have also created. I'm not sure if I'm doing any of this right, but on the main product I have created two components (one for each of the two hidden products). In each those two components, I have selected the relevant (hidden) product name in the 'Product' column of the Permutations table.

Could anybody help me out with any of this please? I've found a couple of threads on here and also one or two pages in the in-built Help, however I'm really struggling - especially with getting the stock control to work (but I suspect this may be because I don't yet have the 'Assembly Product' box ticked - I don't know).

Thanks in advance.

Sorry. I wish I could help but I've never used assembly products and only ever used components for product variations.

I suspect any suggestions I might give are more likely to make it even more confusing than it already is so I hope someone else might have experience in this area.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
      Sorry. I wish I could help but I've never used assembly products and only ever used components for product variations.

I suspect any suggestions I might give are more likely to make it even more confusing than it already is so I hope someone else might have experience in this area.

Mike
      Hi Mike - thank you for your reply. I'll take any and all suggestions at this stage

I don't even know if the Assembly Product button is required for what I'm trying to achieve. Can anyone else perhaps confirm please?

Comment

I've got a bit further with this. To get the 'Assembly Product' button to be active, when you are creating a new component you need to populate the 'Associated Product' box with the code of the product you want to incorporate. The 'Associated Product' box was not previously displaying when I was viewing my existing components because the components were part of existing products which had never before been used as assembly products. But it's available to populate if you create a new component.

However, the two associate products which I would like to associate with my assembly product each have their own components and attributes, resulting in quite a lot of choices on their permutation tables (stock control is used as well).

It seems to me that an assembly product won't work if the associate products have their own components.

Other than creating hundreds of hidden products like we had to prior to (I think) Sellerdeck 2016 - (if I remember correctly, some single button used to automatically generate one hidden product for every single permutation and give each one a really long product code at the same time) I can't think of any other way to do this.

Please can somebody from Sellerdeck (or anyone else) confirm whether, or not, assembly products will work if the associate products have their own components?

Comment

Hi Laura

The 'Assembly Product' checkbox is enabled if the product has at least one component associated with a product that is stock-controlled.

Associated products cannot be daisy-chained, so it won't work if associated products also have components with associated products that are stock controlled. Programmatically that would be a lot more complex, and would probably make the stock display too slow to load. All stock-controlled components have to be attached directly to the parent.

Before we added the ability to record stock against Permutations the Product Options Wizard always created hidden products. Now it offers that as an option at the final step if a stock level is entered for any of the options, and you can answer yes or no.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X