Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hide Component in software, but not online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide Component in software, but not online.

I have a component that is hidden on the website, and due to being hidden stops the Moto form from working.

If I delete the component then Moto form works, so an easy work around, but I know the staff will forget to undelete it so the hidden component will not be uploaded causing a bigger problem.

Is there a blockif that can be used somewhere to effectively turn the component off on the PC to allow the Moto to work.

I know that sounds confusing, so here is the hidden component in action.

Hammered Tantalum Ring

So scenario

1) No engraving needed. Choose Finger size > Add to Cart > Job done. You did not have to choose a font to confuse the customer, which remained hidden.

2) Engraving required. Choose Finger size > Add engraving > Accordion opens with engraving boxes and Hidden Component for Font > Choose font and continue.

So the component for Font is hidden when not required, and is only shown when required when engraving is selected. It is this hidden Font Component which is causing the Moto form not to work as it is unable to find the hidden component.

So I just wish to turn this component off as though it was deleted in the content tree (but not finger size component) in offline mode so that Moto form will.

I'm thinking this is impossible, but if there is any where to ask

Click image for larger version  Name:	Moto-error.JPG Views:	0 Size:	292.0 KB ID:	556204

Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Solved

The solution, really for myself in the future after another upgrade.

ComponentList has been copied to ComponentList2 and ComponentList3 depending on which layout is required where. ComponentList2 is hidden within the engraving layout, and only becomes visable if client chooses to engrave an item. This is also hidden in Moto form and causes the error as it knows it should be there, but cant find it.

Fix

On layout Standard MOTO Product Layout > ComponentList2 has to be added underneath ComponentList around line 70.

Moto Form will now find the Font component, and return "Engraving not required" as an option for offline orders.

I really should start recording changes I make to the website for future solving.

Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
    X