Login page : 'Forgot Password' text is not visible on mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login page : 'Forgot Password' text is not visible on mobile

I've just noticed that the text on the 'Forgot Password' box on the login page is not visible when viewing the page on a mobile. I've attached two screenshots: one showing how it looks on mobile and the other showing how it looks on desktop.

I assume it's something to do with stylesheets and I'm really bad with stylesheets. Please could somebody tell me what I need to change in order to get the text to display on mobile? Many thanks.

Attached Files

Just checked my wholesale site for customer login on mobile.... forgot password is there.... it's a standard site (not Swift). Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3251.PNG
Views:	274
Size:	294.6 KB
ID:	556250 Is your site based on Swift?
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Please could somebody tell me what I need to change in order to get the text to display on mobile?
      If want someone to look at that you'll need to tell us the website address.
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

Have you tried different mobile devices or checked the view in developer tools / responsive view in a desktop browser. Could be device specific.
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
          Just checked my wholesale site for customer login on mobile.... forgot password is there.... it's a standard site (not Swift). Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3251.PNG Views:	18 Size:	294.6 KB ID:	556250 Is your site based on Swift?
          Sorry yes, it's Swift - I should have put this question in the Swift forum. I'll message Admin now and ask them to move it across if they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post

If want someone to look at that you'll need to tell us the website address.
            Thanks. It's www.ouchbodyjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Showing fine here, have you refreshed and cleared cache?

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                Have you tried different mobile devices or checked the view in developer tools / responsive view in a desktop browser. Could be device specific.
                Thanks Ed - I've just viewed the login page using this mobile simulator extension and I was able to see the words (I had it set to my own phone which is iPhone 12 Mini).

Yet if I use my actual phone (iPhone 12 Mini/Chrome - I also have Safari and Firefox on there and get the same result) or my partner's phone (iPhone 14/Safari), neither of us can see the text.

I also had a customer telling me she couldn't see the words (not sure what phone she had).

So it seems that the text is visible when using a simulator, just not when using any of the actual phones that I have tried.

If anybody has a moment spare, please could they let me know whether they can see the text 'Forgot Password' if they view the login page on their mobile phone? Thanks.

Comment

Thank you. Which phone and browser was that with please?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't answer the second part. I've just cleared cache on my phone but it hasn't made any difference. My partner only got his phone a couple of weeks ago and this morning was his first visit to the site in months.

Comment

Galaxy S22 android

Comment

Hi,

I can replicate on an iPhone 14. The text is using the user agent style for the font colour which is white, because there is no explicit colour declared for that class/input.
                        If you add some css
                        Code:
                        .btn.forgotpassword { color: #000; }
                        This will change the text colour to black.
                        Nicola MacLaren

Bee Web Design | SellerDeck Web Design | Actinic Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by beewebdesign View Post
                          Hi,

I can replicate on an iPhone 14. The text is using the user agent style for the font colour which is white, because there is no explicit colour declared for that class/input.
                          If you add some css
                          Code:
                          .btn.forgotpassword { color: #000; }
                          This will change the text colour to black.
                          beewebdesign - Nicola, thank you so much. Could I just ask please, which of the following blue-ticked lines should I add that line to? Do I replace the whole line with the code you have provided? As I say, my CSS knowledge is basically zero:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	forgot-password-css.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	556269

Comment

I could be wrong but normally you can simply place this at the bottom of the current stylesheet rather than in the login layout

Comment

Working...
                            X