Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google analytics GA4 Tracking

Has anyone managed to get this working.

I can't seem to find a simple step by step guide it all just seems to say it should work!!

We have updated to 18.2.2

I have
    HTML Code:
     <actinic:variable name="TagManagerHeadCode" />
    and
    HTML Code:
    <actinic:variable name="TagManagerBodyCode" />
    in the html

I have the ENABLE TAG MANAGER and use TAG MANGER FOR GOOGLE ANYTICS ticked

I have the code
    HTML Code:
    <!-- Google Tag Manager -->
    <script>(function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start':
    new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm'+'.'+'js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],
    j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'?'&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src=
    'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f);
    })(window,document,'script','dataLayer','GTM-*******');</script>
    <!-- End Google Tag Manager -->
    and
    HTML Code:
    <!-- Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
    <noscript><iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-*******'"
    height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe></noscript>
    <!-- End Google Tag Manager (noscript) -->
    in the relevant boxes (the ****** is replaced with our tag ID).

But no tracking

Do I need to do something in Tag Manager too?

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Hi James

If you are already have Google Analytics enabled then you will need to migrate your Universal Analytics properties over to the new GA4 Set Up in your Google Analytics Account Administration.

There are a series of Google Migration Videos that I found helpful to do this starting with the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rndv3pDTXH8

There are 7 steps in the GA4 Set Up and I have the first 5 ticked but need to do some further study on 5, 6 and 7 for ADS Set Up.

The code you have looks similar to mine but I have not checked this in detail and suggest that you consider the Migration First Step in the Setup as this seemed to trigger the data flowing for tracking in my case.

You need to allow 24 - 48 hours for any changes to become effective.
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

Comment

We are also struggling to get this working. Been faffing around with it for weeks now. Even our paid google adwords partners cannot see what is wrong. We have had it working in test for a product that is FREE - tracking works fine. But when we test for a product with value it fails to fire properly and does not track.

Comment

I've given up, the added complexity that Google have introduced combined with sellerdeck being far from easy to integrate with.
        I'll do without it for now, very frustrating.
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

I did mine using Chat GPT to guide me through it.

All works pretty well other than I can't get Google Shopping to report sales to GA4, but everything else works.

I did contact a guy who does intergrations who was going to do it for me, until I said it was Sellerdeck and he bailed out.

I have given up on trying to get Google shopping to report conversions for the time being.

Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

It seems to be working OK for our site.

GA4 conversion set up for PURCHASE total for last 14 days was 65 event value £1628 made up from:
            Organic search - 33 conversions
            Paid shopping - 14 conversions
            Direct - 8 conversions
            Paid search - 6 conversions
            Referral - 1 conversion

The organic search result makes the most significant contribution in our case.
            Martin
            Mantra Audio

Comment

Hi Martin can you share your receipt page layout so we can see what you are doing differently? The GA4 scripts do not even fire up properly for me. Been on this weeks and can't see why. Sellerdeck initially said they had lots of expertise on the matter and indicated they would help but have since gone shy on the matter which is mind bogglingly frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by rookers View Post
                Hi Martin can you share your receipt page layout so we can see what you are doing differently? The GA4 scripts do not even fire up properly for me. Been on this weeks and can't see why. Sellerdeck initially said they had lots of expertise on the matter and indicated they would help but have since gone shy on the matter which is mind bogglingly frustrating.
                Hi Jez

Please see below codes I have pasted into Marketing | Google Tags

<head> tag:
                Code:
                &lt;!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --&gt;
                &lt;script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-4H##$$$$#$"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;
                &lt;script&gt;
                window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
                function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
                gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'G-4H##$$$$#$');
                &lt;/script&gt;
                <body> tag:
                Code:
                &lt;!-- Google Tag Manager (noscript) --&gt;
                &lt;noscript&gt;&lt;iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=G-4H##$$$$#$"
                height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;/noscript&gt;
                &lt;!-- End Google Tag Manager (noscript) --&gt;
                I have Google Ads Tracking ticked enabled with the sales conversion tracking code which is the same as previous - no change.

I was able to configure these settings from information given in the Google Migration videos in conjunction with the GA4 Setup Assistant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rndv3pDTXH8

Day 1 - covers migration from Google Universal Analytics to set up a GA4 property
                Day 2 - covers tagging and data streams for GA4
                Day 3 - covers events and conversions for GA4

In my case a GA4 property had been set up automatically so I just followed through with the setup as shown in the Day 1 video.

Also as shown in the Day 2 video there was already a web stream set up with settings available to view and the ID I have entered into the head and body tag codes is the MEASUREMENT ID shown here in the Setup screen displayed when the web stream is clicked to open.

Hope this helps.

Regards
                Martin
                Mantra Audio

Comment

Hi James

Have you followed the steps in the Knowledge Base article we circulated, https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...alytics-4-ga4?

As Martin has said, you will also need to upgrade your Google Analytics account to GA4 as described by Google.

The code you paste into the Tag Manager field must be the code supplied in your own Tag Manager account. For basic GA4 tracking your can either:
                  1) Tick 'Enable Google Analytics' in Sellerdeck and enter your GA4 ID as the account number, and use Tag Manager for any additional or 3rd party code; or
                  2) Untick 'Enable Google Analytics', tick 'Use Tag Manager for Google Analytics' (to disable the Sellerdeck code) and enable tracking in your Tag Manager account. If you do that, though, you won't get any ecommerce tracking, because the code from the Google side can't pick up the values from the Sellerdeck receipt page.

I'm afraid I have a policy of not writing help for Google properties. Historically, whenever I have done it they have changed their UI shortly afterwards and messed it all up . Sellerdeck can help with the setup on our side; but for the Google side I can only refer you to the help they provide, which should always be up to date.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                  X