Component Quantity not a whole number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Quantity not a whole number

On a component is there any way to allow the quantity not to be a whole number?

We need to be able to enter a number to 2 decimals.

This is going to be used as an Assembly Product where the quantity would be in grams weight for bullion. We may perhaps use 8.4 grams of one material, and 1.2 of another. When 1 of these materials is £150 per gram, we have to be very precise, the nearest gram as in whole number would be so out on price.

I do have a workaround of using the quantity as milligrams, so a quantity of 100 would be 1 gram, however I know this is going to lead to mistakes by the staff. If they forget to convert and enter the correct value it would be catastrophic.

So basically, any way to allow a quantity less than a whole number?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Decimal.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	556452
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

I am guessing the solution lies in the Perl scripts, perhaps ActinicOrder.pm but I am not the chap to edit these!
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Our products are by weight also... having the qty as not a whole number would help us immensely too.

Comment

Suggest you raise a ticket and ask for it to go on the wish list...
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer
        SellerDeck Website Designer
        Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
        Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

I don't think this is likely to be something that can be done in the perl scripts as the chances are that the number format for product quantity is going to be baked into the database, the desktop application and maybe even the reports such as receipts / invoices etc as an integer.

It's worth asking for though . The changes might not be too difficult to make although I suspect there's a lot of verification and testing that would have to go with it.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Jason. We do have an existing wish list ticket for this, ref. WL-569. I've added your request to it.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
            X