Using a barcode scanner for shipping tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a barcode scanner for shipping tracking

Hi guys, is it possible to scan a shipping label with a barcode code scanner and have the tracking number entered in to the Tracking code on the progress tab of an order ? I'm changing shipping providers and trying to figure out an easy way to keep track of shipping numbers. Sorry if this has been asked before , I could not find anything on search.
    www.satellite.ie

Think I may have answered my own question. If I place the mouse cursor into the Tracking code field and then use the scanner (I've just ordered one from amazon) it will act just like a keyboard and enter the tracking number.
    www.satellite.ie

Comment

Yes this is exactly what we do, although we scan it to journal and then copy and paste into tracking.

If we scan straight in to tracking it also includes a return and closes the order. Hence our work around in journal.

We also include a link in the email that tracks the parcel.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Thanks Jason , that's useful info

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
        Yes this is exactly what we do, although we scan it to journal and then copy and paste into tracking.

If we scan straight in to tracking it also includes a return and closes the order. Hence our work around in journal.

We also include a link in the email that tracks the parcel.
        www.satellite.ie

Comment

Hi you should be able to set the scanner to either have, or nor have a carriage return at the end of the scan. We have more than one scanner, set differently depending on what we are doing. You can also set them to scan and send a TAB, or space etc.

Comment

Yes the scanner I just received from Amazon had a "settings" card to have "no terminator" so I can enter the tracking number without closing the order.

Originally posted by rookers View Post
            Hi you should be able to set the scanner to either have, or nor have a carriage return at the end of the scan. We have more than one scanner, set differently depending on what we are doing. You can also set them to scan and send a TAB, or space etc.
            www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
            X