Cart unresponsive after 18.2.3 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart unresponsive after 18.2.3 upgrade

Has anyone upgraded to 18.2.3 yet? ive just done it and all appeared ok however on testing the checkout process we experience a hang and receive a "the page isnt responding" pop up when clicking through the checkout process, paying via paypal isnt affected and works fine its the sellerdeck cart process once you have entered your address details in and click next is where it refuses to go any further. If anyone has any ideas where to check i would appreciate it.

Ive raised a ticket but that wont get seen to until monday

Is it the new sellerdeck pay / clearaccept method? That should be OK but all other legacy card options are now unsupported.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Hi Ed, yes we were using the Sellerdeck ClearAccept fine in 18.2.2 The only payment method that was removed was AmazonPay which was costing too much anyway so was happy to see the back of that one.

Comment

I've just upgraded from 18.2.2 to 18.2.3 and ClearAccept is working OK. Are you using Swift? If so, you need to download and run the Swift 2.0.3 extension if you haven't already done so. You could also try going into Business Settings | Payment and Security, and just clicking the 'Apply' button.

John
        John Ennals
        www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks John, yes i have done the swift 2.0.3 bit and the check comes back all ok. Just done the apply button in Business Settings | Payment and Security in hope but still no joy.

Comment

A long shot but a couple of times upgrading I've had card payments go into test mode instead of production mode causing problems.
            https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

I think I misread the problem - it's hanging instead of going from the Address phase to the Shipping phase? Maybe check that ShippingTemplate.pl is present and correct. Clutching at straws I'm afraid!
              John Ennals
              www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

We had a lot of trouble with the cart and Apple Pay. Lots of support and pretty much all sorted apart from a general script error on failed payments.

The worst issue was that 3d secure worked for clients who could confirm using their app. But those who had to enter a code couldn’t. Also so many errors with Apple Pay that took 2 weeks to resolve.

we are currently on version 2 of 18.2.3, not the latest, so with 3 versions of 18.2.3 out there I’m sure they are aware of these issues.

our support on this occasion was with Gary Green who was brilliant at resolving these issues.
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Support resolved this earlier today i had a new StandardJavascriptHeaderFunctions layout sent to me and all was fine after that.

Comment

After upgrading to 18.2.3 I had a similar problem with hanging during taking card payments - both with ClearAccept and PayPal. Not all of my layouts had upgraded properly and I also needed a new JavaScriptHeaderFunctions - support sorted this out.

But even now it's fixed, sales are about half of what I would expect (after 6 days of no sales apart from those kind customers who phoned me to tell me there was a problem... taking payments through SD itself was unaffacted).

I think the problem started with 18.2.2 when it started occasionally hanging and occasionally taking duplicate payments!
                    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hmm, ive started to research alternative cloud ecommerce offerings now as starting to loose faith.

Comment

I always find that after making major changes to my site that it looks as if Google almost takes a pause while it checks everything over and then the traffic and sales come back stronger than before.

So I'd definitely give an updated site time to settle in before making any decisions on a new ecommerce platform. And Sellerdeck does have some advantages with it's static pages in terms of quick page load times and minimal layout shift that most of the alternatives can't come anywhere near.
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I've just upgraded one of the sites and have these layouts that have failed to modify.

Layout upgrade Log
                          ==================

Layout changes saved: Yes
                          format: 1.0
                          Date: 2024-03-13 21:42:41

================================================================================
                          Version number: 18_2_3_0
                          ================================================================================

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Layout name: Checkout Cancel Button
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Function name: UpgradeCheckoutCancelButton

Match: <input type="submit" name="ACTION" id="idBtnCancel" value="<actinic:variable encoding="html" name="CancelButton" \\/>" class="btn btn-lg btn-cancel btn-red cart-button"\\s*\\/>
                          Replace: <a href="<actinic:variable name="CheckOutPageURL" />?ACTION=<actinic:variable encoding="html" name="CancelButton" />"><input type="button" id="idBtnCancel" value="<actinic:variable encoding="html" name="CancelButton" />" class="btn btn-lg btn-cancel btn-red cart-button"/></a>
                          Result: Failed

Layout name: Responsive Outer Layout

Function name: UpgradeResponsiveOuterLayout

Match: <div class="paymentOverlay"><\\/div>
                          Replace: <div class="paymentOverlay">
                          <span class="paymentOverlayMessage" id="idPaymentOverlayMessage"></span>
                          </div>

Layout name: Swift Outer Layout

Function name: UpgradeSwiftOuterLayout

Match: <div class="paymentOverlay"\\s*><\\/div>
                          Replace: <div class="paymentOverlay">
                          <span class="paymentOverlayMessage" id="idPaymentOverlayMessage"></span>
                          </div>

I've uploaded the new site with a test purchase, which worked as expected. I like the green text overlay with the payment progress leading to the receipt; it seems to be a smoother process.

Comment

Working...
                          X