Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Pay - anyone tried it yet ?

Hi all
    I am about to setup Apple Pay. I have the credentials and seen the instructions.,

Has anyone successfully (or unsuccessfully!) done this on Sellerdeck yet ?

What can I expect to encounter ?

I've set it up. The only issue was that the Register Domain step didn't work at first, but Gary Green at Sellerdeck advised me to temporarily disable (comment out) all the ErrorDocument redirects in my .htaccess file, and that did the trick.

I haven't received any payments via Apple Pay yet, so I don't really know whether it works. Note that the Apple Pay option will only appear in the checkout if you're viewing the site on an Apple device. Unfortunately I don't have one, so I can't test it myself, but Gary checked it for me on an iPhone 13 and the Apple Pay radio button and pay button appeared correctly in the checkout. To test it properly you'd need an Apple device and a valid Apple Pay Wallet.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Many thanks for the reply, I shall give it a go. Your site looks good. I want all those toys LOL !

Comment

We’ve been using it over a month now. Works well, although you don’t know that Applepay was used as it still just comes in the same as clear accept.

took about two weeks to setup though as there were a lot of issues with both the software and hosting.
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

John,

Applepay isn’t showing on your site when I viewed from my 13 Pro Max.

Images show Applepay on my site, compared to missing on yours.
          Attached Files
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for checking it.

I think Apple Pay will appear on my site as a payment option (radio button) on the last page of the checkout. It may not appear on the cart page because I disabled the PayPal fast checkout, and whatever I did probably disabled the Apple Pay fast checkout too. I'll have a look at it though.

John

Edit: I remember now! I wrapped the PayPal fast checkout buttons in a BLOCKIF so that I could disable/enable them with a parameter. The upgrader has (quite logically) inserted the ClearAccept Wallet button within the same BLOCKIF, so Apple Pay won't appear in the cart or the first checkout page unless I set the parameter on.
            John Ennals
            www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by John Ennals View Post
              Hi Jason,

Thanks for checking it.

I think Apple Pay will appear on my site as a payment option (radio button) on the last page of the checkout.

John
              It did when I had a look (Iphone 13)

www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X