Filtering New Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filtering New Products

Is there away to use a section page with filtering to show the latest products added to the website?

I am aware I can make a custom variable which I manually manage as a last resort, but was looking for something more automated.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Hi Jason,

The technique I use for the 'New Arrivals' on my website is to include the phrase 'New Arrival' in the product description. All my product maintenance is done in a Microsoft Access database and imported to Sellerdeck via a flat file, and the database automatically adds the 'New Arrival' to the description of any item that has been created within the last 30 days. I usually import at least once a day anyway, so the whole process is effectively automated.

Clicking the 'New Arrivals' image on the home page simply does a search for the word 'Arrival', taking you to a filtered search page:
    Code:
    <a class="text-center product-title text-nowrap" href="https://www.tortoys.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?page=search&SS=Arrival&PR=-1&TB=A&ACTION=Go%21">New Arrivals</a
    Incidentally, there is a bug in search filtering. If you do a search with at least one filter ticked and then view one of the products in the search results, when you return to the search results via the browser Back button, the filters do not reappear. On large screens the left column is blank, on smaller screens the whole screen goes blank when you hit the Filter button again!

I reported this to Sellerdeck in October and they confirmed it "should be fixed in one of our future releases." I chased it up on Tuesday this week to see if it is going to be included in 18.2.4 and was told "there is no timeline available for the fix to be added to 18.2.4." I would have thought it would be a fairly easy fix since department filtering works OK, but there it is.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Hi John,

Many thanks for that, although I can see your system causing issues when too many people are involved.

I have just used filtered pages with a true or false on it being a new product. At least if someone gets it wrong it will only affect the one page.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
      X