Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Schema markup layout has a faulty condition in it. Click here to go to the code.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Schema markup layout has a faulty condition in it. Click here to go to the code.

Client called to say he had upgraded his v16 site to v18 SEGA.
    On upload there is an error warning:
    "The Schema markup layout has a faulty condition in it. Click here to go to the code."

The highlighted code is this which is at line 40.

Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ProductDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
    	"description":"<actinic:variable encoding="Strip and Encode" name="ProductDescription" />",</actinic:block>
    I have tried adding some more stripping** as client has html including apostrophes in the product descriptions but it didn't remove the error.

The schema layout is brand new so cannot be something brought over from v16

This is very disappointing.

** This is what I tried but didn't work:

Code:
    "<actinic:block php="true">echo str_replace(array('(',')','/','-','"','/�*39;|\'/'),'','<actinic:variable encoding="strip" name="ProductDescription" selectable="false" />'); </actinic:block>"
    This forum won't render it so in plain text:

/�*39; should be / & # 0 * 3 9 ; without the spaces
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Looks more like the error is in the BlockIf.

Can you post what you're unusual product Description contains?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you Norman

There are a number of products that throw the error, this is the description from one:

Code:
      !!<<strong>>!!RUT955 with UK PSU and DIN Rail kit inlcuded in the price.!!<</strong>>!!

The Teltonika RUT955 is the enhanced version of the entry level RUT950 4G Router and offers GPS and Digital IO functionality.
      !!<<span style='color: #000080;'>>!!
      !!<<strong>>!!GPS - Please contact us BEFORE purchasing the RUT955 if you intend to use the GPS functionality so you can understand the limitations of this very basic GPS feature which is designed primarily to work with a proprietary teltonika GPS server interface rather than working with all / any GPS server protocols. In the first instance read the manual which explains the basic GPS feature that lets you log into the router web interface and find the location of your router using the router interface only.!!<</strong>>!!!!<</span>>!!

[LINK]

!!<<u>>!!!!<<strong>>!!Teltonika RUT955 Key Features!!<</strong>>!!!!<</u>>!!

LTE up to 100 Mbps DL and 50 Mbps UL
      DC-HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps DL and 5.76 Mbps UL
      Multiple LTE FDD bands
      Quadband UMTS and GSM
      IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with 2×2 MIMO up to 300 Mbps IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3u standards
      Four Ethernet Ports (3 x LAN, 1 x WAN)

!!<<u>>!!!!<<strong>>!!Specification!!<</strong>>!!!!<</u>>!!

LTE up to 100 Mbps DL and 50 Mbps UL
      DC-HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps DL and 5.76 Mbps UL
      Multiple LTE FDD bands Quadband UMTS and GSM
      IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with 2×2 MIMO up to 300 Mbps
      IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3u standards
      Four Ethernet Ports
      Durable Aluminium Housing
      Operating Temperature: -40C to 75C
      DIN rail mounting (optional)
      2-pin terminal block power connector
      10 pin connector for INPUT/OUTPUT
      Inputer triggers for SMS, e-mail, SIM card, profile, WiFi, reboot,
      output 6 pin industrial socket for 2/4 wire RS485 RS232/RS485 over IP
      Samba share
      DB9 socket for full-featuredRS232
      Micro SD
      USB 2.0 B Socket for external devices
      1 x SMA for GPS
      OpenVPN, IPSec, PPTP, L2TP
      Dynamic DNS
      4G Backup WAN
      SMS configuration
      QoS
      VRRP
      Web Filter
      Configuration Profiles
      Dual SIM
      Dual image

Box Contents

1 x RUT955 LTE 4G Router
      1 x UK mains Power Supply with Industrial Connector
      2 x Mag Mount Cellular Antennas
      2 x Mag Mount WiFi Antennas
      1 x Adhesive mount GPS Antenna
      1 x DIN Rail Kit
      1 x Patch Lead
      1 x Quick Start Guide
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

By the way, picking up on Normans phrase 'unusual product description' the content tree product description box has styling buttons allowing html to be added to the descriptions. This should herefore be considered 'normal' not 'unusual'. SD should be robust enough to handle this,OR remove the styling buttons, however many people write their own html code into description boxes anyway.
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer

Comment

I'm more amazed by the ridiculous amount of opening and closing html tags.. Just wrap one around the entire description and work it as HTML.

Does SD18 have a WYSIWYG editor inbuilt now?
          Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

SD/Actinic has always had an editor. Many of us want shot of it but...

This is what you get with the SD WYSIWYG editor. And yes, it is still there in v18. Even if it wasn't clients still persist in trying to write code. They code often get away with bad code in early Table based layouts but when redesigning and upgrading I am constantly having to wrestle with bad content tree code breaking layouts. But this is not what we are discussing here!
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer

Comment

No Error when using the description that Jonathan posted above in an SD 2018 product here.

Perhaps post the source of a generated faulty page (just the <!-- Rich Snippets for Products --> bit).

Comment

If it's the ProductDescription == "" bit in the BlockIf, then it may be better to use the newer ProductDescriptionLength variable instead.

Comment

This is SD out of the box - brand new edition, not something I have hammered together.

It is nice of you to reply Norman but give the inauspicious start v18 has had you would think that SD would be all over this forum like a rash to spot any other problems and would have replied themselves in a timely fashion.

Hey ho.
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer

Comment

Changing the blockif to

Code:
                    <actinic:variable name="ProductDescriptionLength" /> > 0
                    worked perfectly to remove the error - thank you Norman. Anyone from SD want to incorporate Norman's fix?????
                    Jonathan Chappell
                    Website Designer

Comment

I will get this looked into. It's very odd that the factory condition, 'ProductDescription is not empty', should fail due to something in the ProductDescription, especially if one based on ProductDescriptionLength is OK. We will need to establish which element in the description is causing the problem, and why. It isn't something we encountered in several weeks of very extensive testing.
                      Bruce Townsend
                      Ecommerce Product Manager
                      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I've done some preliminary investigation into this.

First, there's nothing wrong with the condition per se. It's common practice to use a condition to hide a variable if the variable is empty, and the same method is widely used in the Library.

I also get no error using just the code posted here. I can reproduce the error if the only text in the Product Description is [LINK]. I'm not sure why the difference. A condition based on ProductDescriptionLength also fixes the error in my case - although it does result in an empty "description" tag, which would be invalid.

I've raised a ticket, SD-7361, and will get this investigated for a maintenance release. It probably won't be fixed in v18.0.1, since there is a relatively straightforward workaround and the fix will be in the page rendering, which is a bit complex.

There is another bug relating to the Advanced Link text, SD-4715, which looks to be related and may have the same underlying cause. Most likely the two will be fixed together.

I hope this helps.
                        Bruce Townsend
                        Ecommerce Product Manager
                        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I reported this as a bug in May 2015. See Faulty Condition if [LINK] used in Product Description

I was later reported as being fixed then but looks like it's crept back.

Note also that this was weirdly sensitive to the number of characters in the description so a nightmare to test for.

Comment

I am always having trouble with clients writing code in section/product/fragment dialogue boxes. You will never stop them doing it! I know code can break the OGG tags. I wrote a post on text appearing at the top of the page in search results because SD puts spans with code round the search terms which breaks the OGG/itemprop "product description". The single quote/apostrophe seems particularly troublesome.

https://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=57538
                            Jonathan Chappell
                            Website Designer

Comment

Thank for this. I've got the same error on a new site. Something i'd expect in a beta, not a release.
                              Richard Gosler
                              Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
                              Dorset, UK

Comment

Working...
                              X