SD still shows EX Vat prices in Search Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD still shows EX Vat prices in Search Results

Despite countless requests over many versions (just search the forum) SD still shows EX Vat prices in Search Results.

At least cannot the VAT pricing be included in Settings, Search and filtering settings where you would expect it, or ideally, and is it really so difficult, to have the Search/Filtering results display prices in the same way as set for the site?

If Sellerdeck regarded the forum as a resource rather than an irritation they might gain useful insights when developing new versions.

This Forum entry is ten versions ago regarding v8: https://community.sellerdeck.com/sho...d.php?p=244577

Ten tears later we still have the same problem.
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
    Despite countless requests over many versions (just search the forum) SD still shows EX Vat prices in Search Results.

At least cannot the VAT pricing be included in Settings, Search and filtering settings where you would expect it, or ideally, and is it really so difficult, to have the Search/Filtering results display prices in the same way as set for the site?

If Sellerdeck regarded the forum as a resource rather than an irritation they might gain useful insights when developing new versions.

This Forum entry is ten versions ago regarding v8: https://community.sellerdeck.com/sho...d.php?p=244577

Ten tears later we still have the same problem.
    Hi Jonathan,

The thread you quoted has a response from Chris Dicken with how to acchieve this.

I agree that by default if you have full site VAT it should show regardless, but it is doable by setting that variable to true.

Look for the 'Use Tax Inclusive Prices for Online Search' option in the 'General' tab of Site Options.
    Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Looking at the wider picture, what the software seems to lack is a central setting to control the VAT-inc or VAT-ex display for the whole site. You have to change the relevant settings not just for static and filtered product layouts, but also for permutation and choice layouts if required, and for marketing lists.

We do have a ticket to address this, and on one level it would not be difficult to implement. But it may require a lot of changes to a lot of layouts, with all of the attendant risks, particularly to layouts that have been heavily customised.

The tax setting for logged in customers will always be separate, because some sites use accounts mainly for trade customers. So they want to show tax-ex prices to them, and tax-inc prices to everyone else.

Which leads me to a couple of questions:
      1) Would users prefer to accept the short-term pain of all the layout changes, for the long-term gain of one central control?
      2) Are there legitimate reasons why some of the other elements might need a different tax display - making centralised control more restrictive?
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Perhaps consider setting this up as...

Parent (site wide)
        - Child 1 - choices - inherit from Parent, +VAT or no VAT
        - Child 2 - choices - inherit from Parent, +VAT or no VAT
        - etc.

Comment

Personally, in general I intensely dislike the the way sellerdeck 'centralises' more and more bits of the setup.

For me at least, it means I have to search through hundreds of different settings to try and find the one I'm looking for, and these can often be set in multiple places, and then often give up and find it's something that's hidden away in the CSS.

I find working with the templates/layouts so much quicker and more intuitive. I can find anything that needs changing in an instant and make any changes there and then. Job done.

The VAT settings should be a set once option (with all the different calculation types etc there are) . Whether you then give an option to display prices with / without the VAT for search, logged in customers, etc or just let us use a different variable is maybe the question. I'm quite happy to just go into a layout and use a different variable but others might disagree.

From what I've seen in a lot of layouts anyway, sellerdeck just end up using blockifs to say, 'if inc. VAT' use this variable, 'if ex-vat' use the other one which seems like a great deal of work to me when I can just use the variable I want to anyway. Especially as there's no way of finding where the variable that controls the blockifs is set in the first place.

Personally, I'd rather nothing was done that breaks existing layouts during an upgrade. There are so many different ways of doing this that I'd rather it was a known feature that most of us have working solutions for rather than something that's going to become a potential nuisance that has to be looked for every time we upgrade.

PS. Looking at the thread Jonathan has referred to it can be set already, it's just not easy to find? So what's the problem we're discussing?

in v9 you can set whether prices are shown including or excluding tax in teh search results.

Look for the 'Use Tax Inclusive Prices for Online Search' option in the 'General' tab of Site Options.

Yes - I admit - it's well hidden....
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Also account prices do not show in the filtered products layout or search. Just the product price.

Comment

Working...
            X