Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie Policy Message / Accept Cookies

Just wondering if this has been added to v18.00

Our stance on this is still as published at https://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=52545

The new EU ePrivacy regulation, currently in draft, may replace the current cookie law and transfer the management of consent from the website to the browser.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

So, it's no.

You're saying it's not law so Sellerdeck does not have this feature
      - why do every site I visit has it?

Comment

You're saying it's not law so Sellerdeck does not have this feature
        Obviously the present cookie regulation is law. If you follow the recommendations in the Knowledge Base article, then you will be compliant without requiring an intrusive popup. If you want to add a popup, there are free third party options available as code that you can paste into your outer layout.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

From the link you gave I can't see what I need to do...
          - thread is 6 years old... during this time you've released the responsive templates, but this was not included...

I have to look for 3rd party options... So Sellerdeck no longer the all in one solution we bought into many many years ago...

Comment

Hi Tak,

The forum post - which is very information and clear in my opinion - still holds with the current ICO recommendations: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...-technologies/

This means you are unlikely to need consent for:
            • cookies used to remember the goods a user wishes to buy when they add goods to their online basket or proceed to the checkout on an internet shopping website;
            • session cookies providing security that is essential to comply with data protection security requirements for an online service the user has requested – eg online banking services;

However, it is still good practice to provide users with information about these cookies, even if you do not need consent.
            It's preferential to add a Cookies page to distinguish the content you capture and have this linked to in your site footer. A pop-up just gets in the way, and I wouldn't recommend anything which gets in the way of a customer purchase.

Unfortunately, an all-in-one solution isn't available any longer due to the complexity of different demands and requirements.

Thanks,
            Justin
            Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Thank you for the info, the thread just looked like a description of terms and I was expecting step by step guidance...

I'm sure it's not a hard thing for them to do... afterall it does have Terms and Conditions pages/links etc... Why not have an extra tab/link for cookies...

Originally posted by jtaylor View Post
              Unfortunately, an all-in-one solution isn't available any longer due to the complexity of different demands and requirements.
              Sellerdeck (then Actinic) was our all-in-one solution and it is going in a direction I'm finding difficult to continue to follow.

Comment

Notwithstanding what Bruce and Justin say below, it is my understanding that GDPR now requires something that allows the customer the choice of opting in or out of cookies. Is there any extant code, tried and tested with SD18, which does this, either as a pop-up or any other means?

Comment

Last go at trying to post a USEFUL LINK. It's post #24 by Jonathan / graphcz in this thread but the new look Community won't let me link to it directly. Marvellous.

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...369#post539369
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

The new look Community doesn't seem to have a Thanks button either. So thanks guccij

Comment

Originally posted by PabloTech View Post
                      The new look Community doesn't seem to have a Thanks button either. So thanks guccij
                      Hi Pablo,

There's a Like button at the bottom right of each post

Thanks,
                      Justin
                      Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post

Obviously the present cookie regulation is law. If you follow the recommendations in the Knowledge Base article, then you will be compliant without requiring an intrusive popup. If you want to add a popup, there are free third party options available as code that you can paste into your outer layout.
                        I see that a cookie message popup has been added to the new Swift Template.

Can this code be made available for use with earlier versions of Sellerdeck?

I am currently using V16.0.3 and have not upgraded to V18 to embark on the development required to implement the Swift Template at this time.
                        Martin
                        Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
                        X