Uninstalling V10 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstalling V10 Beta

Just tried to uninstall my Beta version as its now well expired--it won't, little message box says could not open INSTALL.LOG file.
    Looks like manual delete time. Oh well another job on the to do list.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
    Just tried to uninstall my Beta version as its now well expired--it won't, little message box says could not open INSTALL.LOG file.
    Looks like manual delete time. Oh well another job on the to do list.
    or upgrade to V10 which will install over the beta

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

It if it was me a I would install the production version over the top then uninstall and delete the Actinic v10 folders and reinstall cleanly again after that. Just to make sure I don;t get any remnants of the beta left over.

Comment

Hey Steve,

It looks like others got here before me, but I would just install over the top. I haven't come across that error before. Let us know how you get on.

Ben
        Benjamin Dyer
        CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
          little message box says could not open INSTALL.LOG file.
          Looks like manual delete time.
          I had this as well, although I hadn't been able to use V10Beta anyway - reinstalled XP in the end, what a pain.
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies-I will use Duncan's route install V10, uninstall the reinstall just to be on the safe side. Upgrade ordered today.
            Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

The mystery deepens

Strange to tell after investigating the install.log file IS there in the programs/actinicv10 folder, I have tried installing a trial copy of V10.0 KDYA over the top of the Beta--still no uninstall just the same crazy error message about a missing file that's in plain view....puzzled oh how I love the quirks of MS windows, eve XP has them.....??
              Steve Griggs.

Comment

Sounds like it might be permissions then. Make sure you're logged on as admin and also check the security permission settings on the file. If you're running Vista you might also try temporarily disabling UAC.

Comment

Thanks Duncan, makes sense it's on windows XP. Strange because I did a trial install of the Beta on my windows XP machine at home & it's fine the software setup & so on it's nearly identical same AV and firewall programs the only major difference is the home box is HP and work is Dell which I can't see making any difference . Will look at permissions etc
                  Steve Griggs.

Comment

No luck-definitely high in the weirdness stakes. I am the admin and logged in as me, at least I think I'm me?? no settings amiss.... getting baffled now,
                    Steve Griggs.

Comment

OK I eventually got fed up after trying all sorts of tricks, and checking permissions and did a manual uninstall by deleting the program folders and the site folders, and deleted registry entries.
                      I then installed the the V10 KDYA download as a trial (full version) and started OK so far-30 days trial period--but this won't uninstall either. I think I got GREMLINS ....it does the same thing, "could not open the Install.log file" much weirdness here but its definitely this machine-running XP service pack 3.
                      Even though the installation was on the admin account, and I tried to uninstall on the admin account-no luck. Definitely down to this one machine home XP sp3 computer uninstalled OK, Vista laptop uninstalled OK. Nothing to unusual on the machine-AVG anti-virus, windows firewall, Dreamweaver, Expression web, MS office, Photoshop. Nothing seems to interrupt the installation in any way. ODD. Not even Fri 13th.
                      Don't think it's an Actinic bug though just a windows "quirk". Virus scan reports "no infections".
                      Steve Griggs.

Comment

Working...
                      X