Possible bug on importing products in a hierarchal format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible bug on importing products in a hierarchal format

I am trying to import a hierarchial list of products exported from a v8.5.2 version of Actinic.

The import gets to the stage where it displays "Refreshing cached data" and then closes without any error message.

On re-opening Actinic the imported products appear to have been imported.

Is this a bug?
    Regards
    David

David,

I've had a similar problem with v10: I took a snapshot from my v9 site and imported to v10. All went okay importing the snapshot. When I tried updating my hierarchical catalog and re-importing it would crash upon the "Refreshing cached data" part, but still import the products. Didn't crash every time though which is even more weird!

Actinic Support have replicated the problem and it's currently with their development team. I'll let you know what happens.
    Justin

Comment

Nice one, Justin.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Hi David,

Actinic have confirmed that what I was experiencing is a v10 bug. However, they've said "it only affects importing a Hierarchical .CSV file with update and not replace."
        I've let them know that I was using "replace" not "update" when importing the hierarchical file, but maybe it's worth you trying it?
        I'll let you know if I hear anything further.

Cheers
        Justin

Comment

Justin - I have had it crash with both as well - but I've also had both working as well.

If I open Actinic and import using update it crashes
          If I re-open Actinic and import using update again it works
          If I then leave Actinic open and run replace it works
          If I then close and re-open Actinic and run update it crashes

I got a bit confused (and bored) at this stage so left it.

David
          Regards
          David

Comment

In V9.05, this seems quite the norm IIRC - the Hier import does it's thing and then simply vanishes without so much as a by your leave, but everything is imported correctly so we ignore the rude behaviour.
            This is for Update BTW.
            Kind Regards
            Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I am hvaing this problem when importing a snapshot from v9 to v10, it all goes ok and passes through but after "Refreshing cached data" it simply hangs and windows 7 states actinuic is not responding.
              Closing actinic and then restarting it just starts off the import again at the 'Preparing site upgrade' - 'backing up user files' then runs through again to "Refreshing cached data" and stalls.
              Any help would be much appreciated.
              Keith

Cheers Keith

Comment

Keith, Actinic confirmed it's a bug to me:

"This query has been caused by a bug. Although the query is closed, the bug will be reviewed for fixing in a future release."

Not ideal, but at least it will be looked at. I installed the 10.0.1 patch the other week. Although it's still happening, definitely doesn't seem quite so frequent...

Comment

Thanks Justin,
                  Yes I kept on importing and late last night it seemed to work!
                  But this morning I have had to uninstall V10... so will import again later today and see what happens then , Ta.

Cheers Keith

Comment

Working...
                  X