Very New to Actinic - Help required with product images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very New to Actinic - Help required with product images

Hi guys, my friend recently bought actinic business to sell some products for his farm vet company.

Because I once owned a Spectrum ZX84 and have read a book on websites, I became his obvious choice for installing & customising it.

I only have basic knowledge of coding and usually just use photoshop & dreamweaver to build sites. I installed the actinic dreamweaver plugin but when I open dreamweaver I cannot use any of the options under the 'actinic' tab as they are all grayed out.

I am using the theme 'Silver' and have managed to get his logo, his corporate colours and an image as a background on there through the built in tools.
    However on the product page, where it lists the product categories I am wanting to just display an image and no text. For the first product category I just put in a blank space and selected the image to use.
    However when I tried it for the second category actinic said: There is already a section with that name at the same level in the catalog. Please enter a unique name.

Is there a way to display only images and not show the name or descriptions?

Many Thanks

Welcome, Jon.

Sections have to have names. If they didn't you'd have no way of telling them apart on the Content Tree. They also display on the "breadcrumb trail" which helps the sites customers know where they are. So best give them meaningful names.

However you don't have to display the name. You can go to Settings / Site Options / Layout / Section / Section Link layout and change it to Image only.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That is brilliant thanks. I have managed to get a demo version live here: http://www.h1ime.co.uk/acatalog/

Do you know if there is any way to make the product categories 2 images wide instead of the one image I have showing now. I could make the 'Animal Feeds' & 'Disinfectants' buttons half the size but want them side by side. Or ideally if I could make them 3 wide it would be good.

Thank you again

Comment

Hi Jon,

In Settings -> Site Options -> Layout, you can set the number of columns to display in various layouts. I'm pretty new to this too, but it might be Product -> Column Count for Products that you're looking for.

hth.
        The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Working...
        X