Selecting layouts on design tab does not switch to the selected code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting layouts on design tab does not switch to the selected code

Anyone else suffering on the design tab when you click on an area of a layout and the code window does not change to show the code for that area? basically anywhere you click does nothing.

YES

i thought this was down to some external scripting and have not put the block in to stop it

Comment

I have noticed it occasionally but by no means always.
      I have noticed that it isn't very good at switching to a layout when you click on it (the purple layout writing) in the actual CODE window but I don't have problems clicking on the preview window and switching layouts (which did you mean?)
      Tracey

Comment

I always use split view layout, so i have the design tree on the right, top window as the preview and the bottom window as the code for what i am seeing in the preview. Usually i click on areas in the preview window and the design tree changes and the code window changes according to what i clicked on.

Comment

Looks linked to exterior content, particularly JS by the looks of it, wrapping with the ispreviewmode condition seems to fix it. Cheers for the reminder Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Looks linked to exterior content, particularly JS by the looks of it, wrapping with the ispreviewmode condition seems to fix it. Cheers for the reminder Darren.
            No probs, it normally takes me a week to remember why it stopped working was because i added some extra code

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
              I have noticed that it isn't very good at switching to a layout when you click on it (the purple layout writing) in the actual CODE window but I don't have problems clicking on the preview window and switching layouts (which did you mean?)
              Yep - I regularly need to go hunting in the library for the layout as clicking the selector does not bring up the correct layout.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X