The requested phrase was not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The requested phrase was not found

when I start up Business plus I get 4 messages which I have to ok before the software loads.

The requested phrase was not found (Phase: 0, ID: 2464, Language: eng-uk)
    The requested phrase was not found (Phase: 0, ID: 2465, Language: eng-uk)
    The requested phrase was not found (Phase: 0, ID: 2451, Language: eng-uk)
    The requested phrase was not found (Phase: 0, ID: 2452, Language: eng-uk)

Does anyone else have this?
    thanks
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

I don't have this error but have looked into design / text to see what there relate to:

My working V10 doesn't have prompts 2464 or 2465. But it does have 2451 and 2452. These are "Online <Actinic:Variable> not found" and "Section file not found".

They look like warning messages that display when some required variables or content is missing.

Perhaps you've deleted something but the warning message isn't being shown due to database problems.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I upgraded to v.10 today and get the same 4 messages. I'd appreciate any help with this.

Comment

Same message and numbers here too, after upgrading a v7 site to v10, time for a call to Support on Monday I think.
        ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
        ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
        ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

I have the same error with a customers site but not on every machine I try it on, also two of the messages have different phase number. It was passed over in a snapshot, also other sites loaded into my V10 Developer are fine. This was an upgrade rather than original V10 site. I also checked the text and two of the messages, those in Norman's post, are actually in the site that is complaining so this looks like a database error throwing up an incorrect error message

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

This was from a customer upgraded site too.
            Jenny
            Hanson Web Design

Comment

Yes mine was a V.9 upgrade as well.

Comment

I have managed to get rid of the problem but I'm afraid it was a bit long winded.

Because of the problems I had with previous upgrades, I installed V.9 on a different computer so I could do a dummy run of the upgrade. I ran the V.10 as a V.10 upgrade (as opposed to a V.10 installation). It all ran fine so I went on the live computer and thought I could get away with just downloading V.10 (not upgrading) and importing the snapshot from the dummy pc, and it was only on the live pc that the "phrase errors" appeared.

I figured I should go back and replicate the dummy run so I uninstalled the V.10 installation from the live pc and upgraded the original v.9, then imported the snapshot from the dummy pc and it worked ok. One other point which may or may not have any impact, the v.10 site1 folder was setup on the dummy pc on the C drive whereas the live pc had been setup with site1 in a shared folder on the server. Its all working fine now

Comment

I too have exactly the same problem with these error messages upgrading from v7 to v10.

I tried various methods of installation, clean install, upgrade etc but the problem persists.

It appears that we all have exactly the same errors which indicates a possible generic glitch in the software maybe.

I too will call Actinic support in the morning. If I find the answer I'll post here.

Comment

I upgraded to v10.0.1 and the problem has gone away (but keeping fingers, legs, etc. crossed)
                    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Phase Not found

I have an exact replica of Jenny's problem. Not sure what to do about it. This is quite an old post so I'm hoping some light has been thrown on to the issue, perhaps someone has come up with a simple solution?

Is it possible to continue working with the software, making changes, uploads etc., without further problems?

Any new insights would be appreciated.

Comment

I never found the solution to this. It vanished one day on upgrade from one site.
                        Jenny
                        Hanson Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by marknc View Post
                          I have an exact replica of Jenny's problem. Not sure what to do about it.
                          What's your exact version (10.0.1 - 10.0.4)?
                          ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                          ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

V 10.0.3.lafa

Comment

Try upgrading to 10.0.4, it's worked for a couple of us, and even if it doesn't there's nothing to lose.

Malcolm
                              ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                              ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X