Checkout Page Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout Page Design

I want to treat the Checkout Pages as a seperate element. ie use a seperate template so that I can change the look when I want to.
    As far as I can work out, the only way to do this is to reserve the default overall template for this purpose and create a new template, based on it, for the rest of the site. Would this be correct?
    In earlier versions, the Checkout pages had their own Act_Primary_Checkout.html. I have been to the Checkout Area of the Library but it doesn't appear to contain an overall dedicated page layout.

You can do it that way. You can also use blockifs and test for Pagetype of Checkout 0, 1 etc and then selectively use different code. That way you only have to maintain one main layout. Depends how much you wish checkout to be different.

Comment

That sounds like a solution but I must confess I don't really understand "Block ifs". I need to learn how they work. I shall go away and do that. Thanks drounding.

Comment

Following my confusion over the Checkout pages I discovered that in Design View there is a drop down menu on the toolbar that makes redesigning the Checkout Pages a very simple process. I guess I couldn't see the wood for the trees!

Comment

Misunderstood - I thought you wanted a different outer layout for the checkout pages.

Comment

Working...
          X