No announcement yet.

Actinic Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't dispute any of that, and wouldn't defend Intuit as far as customer care goes. My earlier post was really for existing QB2006 users, where QB meets their needs, to let them know that all was not lost if they were considering upgrading to Actinic v10. It seems that Sage is the only accounts package supported by Actinic now, so there is no choice anyway for payroll users.
    Kenny Fraser
    http://kennyfraser.com

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
      Jyst to clarify. Actinic still supplies a two way interface for the US version of Quickbooks.

Chris
      This two-way interface for the US versions of QB.....what is different between the US version of Actinic Link and the UK version of Actinic Link?

The technical team at Intuit/QB are telling me that there are no differences in how import/export files are handled between US and UK versions of QuickBooks, so is there a reason why UK customers of QB couldn't use the US version of Actinic Link?

Comment

I thought that the format had changed in the later versions of Quickbooks.

You can download the Actinic Quickbooks Translater v1.7 from the US site (http://actinic.com/downloads.asp ) and give a it a try - make sure you have adequate backups first though.

Comment

It may be technically the same, iut there are certainly differences around tax treatment etc. VAT is not the same as US sales tax.

Chris

Comment

There were major database design changes between UK versions of QB 2006 & 2008, but, I have it on good authority, that the format of .iif file required by QB for the import of data is the same for QB(UK) 2006, QB(UK)2008 and the present version, QB(UK) 2010.

It is ActinicLink that creates the .iif file from the Actinic data.

In addition, the same authority has advised that all present QB platforms, i.e. US and UK versions, are the same with just a few region tweaks to handle sales taxes.

So with this in mind, I am curious to learn if the US version of Actinic Link for QB will work with the UK installations

Comment

Working...
            X