Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Stalling On Start Up

OK today i have been having nothing but problems with Actinic starting up

Originally i thought it had been due to a vista machine, i have not been happy with it for awhile. I had been working on a snapshot on another machine so i dropped the db from the problem pc into this mc and all seems fine, did a sight refresh got all my orders.

Now i am working on moving another site still on v9 but i have just had exactly the same issue, this is V9 on another different pc running win7

bascially hwen you start actinic it freezes at the initialising site objects, the problem seems to be the displaying of the password box, there is no box but i know it should have one.

Im wondering if this is an ms update that is screwing it all up, but has anyone else experienced the same problem today

Cheers
    Darren

My actinic computers are all slow loading and changing sites today was tossing up wether to re-boot the server or not (takes about 30 mins) so hanging on at present, may do it early morning
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Your database might be corrupt, Actinic V10 carries out some tests when you start it up to check it. If it's corrupt these might take a while.

If you go to troubleshooting you can switch these tests off (check box near to the bottom).

Try that and see if you still get a delay. If you do it might be related to online stock control if you are using that.

Cheers
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the help

looks like i have tracked it down

it would appear that my AV & firewall suddenly decided that the actinic sync server was not going to be allowed to run, i put it into learning mode allowed it to run the process and all seems to be fine now.

in a way thats why i like ESET smart security, it allows a learning mode rather than having to add every process you need to run. The only odd thing is why it suddenly started, im guessing an update?

it also effects the uploading with a sharing violation on the shipping.fil For some reason actinic sticks the file in the shippingcontrol/output when uploading, then it gets locked and actinic fails to upload with the sharing violation error. Turn the filewall off and it seems to be ok.

hopefully if someone else has the same problem then this will point them in the right direction

Darren

Comment

I've been having similar problems. Am going to check my firewall settings now.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
          X