V10 checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V10 checkout

I am having a problem with the checkout in that custommer need to put their details into the cart before they are told the price of the shipping.
    On earlier version the cost of the postage was displayed below the data inputing fields so the customer could see the total cost before deciding to purchase.
    Does anyone know how I can give them the postage choices on the first checkout page.

Thanks

Chris

How are your shipping charges defined?

I'm not sure how V10 handles this but if you have different shipping costs for different countries then it would need the customers details before displaying the correct options. Presumably one of the problems with fewer stages in checkout.

Mike

Edit:

PS. To me it doesn't make sense to expect the customer to add an item to the cart and start checkout so they can see how much the shipping cost will be. You need to let them know way before that. Best to either show it on the product page or explain it clearly on a delivery charges page if complicated.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

According to the help: In Business Settings - Ordering - you can set Request Location Information Early. This is disabled though if anything other than Quantity on Confirmation page is selected in Design Options.

That said I can't get this to work, the Request Location Information Early is always greyed out regardless of the settings I tried.

Not sure if that's a bug...?

Comment

Originally posted by chrissykes View Post
        I am having a problem with the checkout in that custommer need to put their details into the cart before they are told the price of the shipping.
        On earlier version the cost of the postage was displayed below the data inputing fields so the customer could see the total cost before deciding to purchase.
        Does anyone know how I can give them the postage choices on the first checkout page.

Thanks

Chris
        I have created a new page with full information on shipping as i cant find a realistic work around. This appears to be a down side to the fancy new checkout (which is not any shorter in reality) i do prefer the invoice and delivery on the same page that is a definate improvement

Comment

Thanks for the infomation I think a dedicated page for shipping is the answer.

Cheers Chris

Comment

for a site with fairly simple shipping we have added abit of code to the product pages for a couple of sites

it looks at the product weight and then dispays the cost to ship - if shipped on its own.

its a quick & dirty way to show your charges.

Comment

I've had a couple of PMs asking for the code re my previous post...

but its already here

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...10&postcount=3

Comment

Working...
              X