Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTSproductsinthissection Error

Hi,

I've just started playing around with v10 on my windows7 machine.

I have been playing with the themes.. have been using Clean Layout13.

I havent made any big changes, in fact I've only been adjusting (slightly);
    Web page outer layout : Two header bars- Two sidebars -Horz Nav Bar

This is confirmed by looking at the Library ; 'highlight edited library layouts'

The last time I closed the program everything was fine, however on opening actinic today I am presented with the red 'click here to see errors' button.

The errors say;
    The 'RTSProductsInThisSection' variable has been placed within the 'Javascript Section Stock Query' layout, but it wont work there. Click here to get the code.
    and
    THe 'RTSStocksInThisSection' variable has been placed withih the 'Javascript Section Stock Query' layout, but it wont work there. Click here to go to the code.

If I click, I can see that the variable is indeed there in the Javascript Section Stock Query code. However I didnt put it there.. but it looks like it should be there anyway.
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22" >

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22RealTimeStockEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%26%26%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22DisplayRealStockLevel%22%20%2f%3e" > 
    		<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    		function displayStock()
    			{
    			var sProdRefs = ""; 
    			var sStockList = ""; 
    			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e" >
    				sProdRefs = "<actinic:variable name="RTSProductsInThisSection" selectable="false" />";
    				sStockList = "<actinic:variable name="RTSStocksInThisSection" selectable="false" />";
    			</actinic:block>
    			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
    				getSectionStock('<actinic:variable name="StockScriptCGIURL" selectable="false" />', '<actinic:variable name="SectionID" selectable="false" />', sProdRefs, sStockList, '<actinic:variable name="ShopID" selectable="false" />');	
    			<actinic:block if="%21%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e" >
    				getSectionStock('<actinic:variable name="StockScriptCGIURL" selectable="false" />', '<actinic:variable name="SectionID" selectable="false" />', sProdRefs, sStockList, '');	
    			}

AttachEvent(window, "load", displayStock);
    		</script>

So does anyone know what this is all about?
    Of course (s*ds law)... telephone support ran out for me a few days ago.
    I suppose I could raise a ticket but thought I'd ask here first.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

The simplest is to compare or revert the layout to default.

Comment

I took a snapshot and then 'reverted to factory settings' the two layout files I've changed.. The library now says no files have been altered.

Actinic still says the same errors.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

The code you posted is the standard code. I presume the code errors may be due to some other change. Try and compact the database if you haven't already.

Comment

Compacting the database made no difference.

But I didnt expect it to.. The only products are the 'sample' products the store come with and no orders have been taken. The store hasnt been uploaded.

Honestly, nothing has been changed really, just a tiny bit of editing of 2 layout files.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I would raise a query with support. They can look at your snapshot and hopefully find out what's gone wrong. It doesn't match any known issue afaics, and I don't get the same issue here with the same theme.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Ok I have raised a support ticket.
              I'll report back.
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Support are still looking into this for me, but I've found a simple way of making the error happen..

business plus
                windows 7 professional 32 bit

License a new site.

Choose theme Clean Layout 13

Go to the content tree and delete the product 'Widescreen TV'
                (the main product not the duplicate)

Dont purge content.. just leave the item deleted.

Export the site snapshot.

After the export Actinic displays the errors listed above.

Will anyone see if this makes the error happen for them?
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

If anyone is interested, support got back to me to tell me this is a 'phantom error' due to a bug. It will be sorted in some patch in the future.
                  Its nothing to worry about.
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                  X