IP address capture on checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP address capture on checkout

Can't get this working on v10 for some reason.

IP address appears on checkout page 1 in v10, and in the past I'm sure it was on page 2 (the aug seems to confirm this).

Amended ActinicOrders.pm as per usual, and made sure of the hidden input field on checkout page 2 (and on page 1 lol)

Anyone got it working?

Originally posted by itc View Post
    Can't get this working on v10 for some reason.

IP address appears on checkout page 1 in v10, and in the past I'm sure it was on page 2 (the aug seems to confirm this).

Amended ActinicOrders.pm as per usual, and made sure of the hidden input field on checkout page 2 (and on page 1 lol)

Anyone got it working?
    Tried it myself following the KB instructions and it does not work. The third field does not appear on the misc tab in orders and I even checked the order table in the database and it hasn't downloaded the data from the site.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks Malcolm its nice to know I'm not going a bit loopy!

I've spoken to support about this too and although they say they don't support it they have agreed to ask the developers whether it does work or not.

Comment

Does anyone have an update on this issue?

I'm sure it worked in v10 and has stopped in 10.0.1

Comment

I don't have anything to report unfortunately. Its still broken with our site.

I did wonder if it should be a standard feature that works out of the box because it is quite an important feature. On reflection I wondered if that was the intention in v10 and its a bug?

Thinking out loud really.

Comment

This is, perhaps uncoincidentally, also missing from the new V10 AUG.
            There are no instructions on how to capture the customer's IP address with the order, as there used to be in previous AUGs.

So, Actinic, speak up!
            As we DO actually use it, why is it missing/not working?
            Tracey

Comment

Can I bump this, as it would be nice to know.

Comment

Hello all,

Unfortunately the article in the Advanced User guide "Capturing the customers IP Address with the Order" no longer works as of v10.0.1. This is a known bug (AC10-1822).

As this is a bug, our developers will be working towards fixing this bug for a future release of the software, the bug reference number is AC10-1822, when a new release of Actinic is available; check the release notes to see if this bug has been fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Paul
                Paul Murphy
                Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X