Online Stock Not Showing Under FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Stock Not Showing Under FF

I have just noticed that FF does not seem to be showing the stock levels for my products online.

I have checked in IE8 and Chrome and they display just fine can anyone assist me in spotting the reason

example page
    http://kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/Goldf...86M__34__.html

Thanks
    Darren

I can't see stock levels in FF, IE8, Chrome nor Safari on that page???

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
      I can't see stock levels in FF, IE8, Chrome nor Safari on that page???
      Oh dear just looked on another pc and your right, i cant see anything

this is all a little odd its showing in the preview window in actinic and i can see it on some pages and not others i will see what happens with a default product layout not a customised one

Cheers

Comment

hmm a factory default layout image on left does not show in the actinic preview only the css layout im using.

have just checked other products and they are working fine on one pc i have also noticed that some pages are giving and error with the actinicextras.js maybe this is the problem?

a bit beyond me when it comes to js errors

Comment

You are also getting a shed load of CSS errors being reported as well which may not be helping.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            hmm a factory default layout image on left does not show in the actinic preview only the css layout im using.

have just checked other products and they are working fine on one pc i have also noticed that some pages are giving and error with the actinicextras.js maybe this is the problem?

a bit beyond me when it comes to js errors
            the stock control code is in actinicextras.js, if there are errors in this file it can prevent the stock display.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
            Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
              You are also getting a shed load of CSS errors being reported as well which may not be helping.
              Hi jont

could you give me some pointers on how you spotted these?

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
                the stock control code is in actinicextras.js, if there are errors in this file it can prevent the stock display.

This error only appears on the pc were ie8 does not show the stock levels, it says theres an error on line 175 of the actinicextras.js this line is
                Code:
                                var uri=urlCall+'?'+passData+'&timestamp='+(that.updating.getTime());

Comment

This error only appears on the pc were ie8 does not show the stock levels, it says theres an error on line 175 of the actinicextras.js this line is
                  Code:
                                  var uri=urlCall+'?'+passData+'&timestamp='+(that.updating.getTime());
                  I can't see anything wrong with that line but that is in the function ajaxObject. Stock control, uses the ajax call to get stock levels from the server.

I checked the page with a copy of IE8 and I get the following error

Line: 176
                  Char: 5
                  Code: 0
                  URI: http://kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/actinicextras.js

I can't see anything wrong at all in the file so is it a permissions problem?

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

nope not made any changes, this is what is a bit weird, as its working in ff 2 and on this laptop with ff3.5 and ie8

but duncan could not see the stock levels so im even more confused

Comment

The CSS errors were revelaed using Web Developer add on for FF3... I also can not see the stock levels.

I am now seeing an error in actinicextras.js which leads back to :

throw new SyntaxError("parseJSON");

You have a lot of javascript on that site so there may be a conflict - try moving the actinicextras.js to the end as a starter and if that fails then comment them out one at a time (the non Actinic stuff) to see if something is in conflict.

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

nope not made any changes, this is what is a bit weird, as its working in ff 2 and on this laptop with ff3.5 and ie8

Neither can I in FF3.6.3 nor in IE8, the error is on several pages in IE8, just looked at the site with Stylizer and it is reporting errors in newkiting.css and accordion-glossy.css

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

The code for the stockdisplay is not returning a response , FireBug shows no network response from the ajax calls made by the stock system so that seems to suggest a problem with the perl scripts

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Oh dear just looked on another pc and your right, i cant see anything

this is all a little odd its showing in the preview window in actinic and i can see it on some pages and not others i will see what happens with a default product layout not a customised one

Cheers
                            The preview window in actinic does not use the same code as the live system to display stock levels. The preview system uses stock values passed into the code via the html code, whereas the live system uses ajax calls to the server, where the perl software returns the stock level from the online files. Try comparing the source code of the web preview against the source code of the live system in a web browser.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

OK

i have fixed the errors in the newkiting css but cant see what is wrong with Normans accordian menu?
                              Code:
                              border: 1px 0px solid #9A9A9A;
                              looks ok to me but im no expert as im sure some of you know

I am refreshing the website as we speak so will test again tomorrow

thanks for all your help it is much appreciated

Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X