Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout - ask for country first

Hello All...

Just building a V10 site, I want the customer to be prompted for their delivery country on the first page, then progress to be shown the shipping options and to fill in thier other address details on the next page - just like the default checkout in v6..

I'm sure I saw some v10 sites configured like this but how to do it is foxxing me.

Thanks for any help!

anyone any ideas on this??

TIA

Hutch

Comment

Search the forum for "Request Location Early" there should be a few threads to help you.

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

thanks for the reply, but with "request location early" are you not limited to adding one item into the cart at once? then you are asked for your location at CART stage??

I need to have the functionality of v6 where once clicking to Checkout, the page displays a drop down of country, then on the next page the customer is asked the full address and to choose the shipping options.

Has this functionality been removed in v10?

TIA

Hutch

Comment

an example is Nigels Eco Store.. http://www.nigelsecostore.com

hope someone can help!!

TIA

Hutch

Comment

That's the bog standard setup, what does yours do different?

Comment

is that the bog standard setup from v10.1?? I cannot get the "camera" test site that ships with actinic to do that!! I get the full prompt of names/addresses - when I just want the drop down of countires/( and ajax states etc..), then a click, then full prompting for address line 1 , 2 etc... - and shipping below

Comment

Ahah you're comparing v9 to v10 I think, its been rewritten in v10.

Comment

Working...
                X