Both addresses fields on same page problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both addresses fields on same page problem

Using v10.0.1 silver theme. Is there any way to force actinic to use a separate page for invoice and delivery address details? V10 doesn't seem to allow you to do this. I use the user definable text prompt in the delivery address section (DeliverPrompt013) in my current V9 site. However, if I tick this option to show in the text options - it doesn't. The only way to get it to show is if I tick the similar function in the invoice section (DeliverPrompt014). But then I only get the text for the invoice section and not the text for the delivery bit which will be different. Hope that makes sense.

Not an answer

Hello asbrins. Sorry this is not an answer to your question, as I cannot help you with that. However, I was just curious as to what you use the user-definable prompt for in the delivery address, as it might be something useful that I hadn't thought of. For instance, whether you use it to get a safeplace instruction, which we at present use the shipping note box for.
    Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by asbrins View Post
      Is there any way to force actinic to use a separate page for invoice and delivery address details?
      Actinic got a lot of pressure form it's customers to streamline the checkout area and reduce the number of pages. They addressed this in V10 with their streamlined checkout.

Would you go into a little more detail about why you need the separate pages please?

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Hi Sarah. Ours is a bit complex as we gather quite a lot of info. One of our sites is a charity site called adoptadonkey.org.uk (currently v9) and we use the user defined fields to collect supporter number info, and in the case of the delivery user defined, date of birth if the adoptee is under 16. This means some one is buying the adoption for a child so we don't add the childs name to our mailing list.

Having the address fields on one page has made all that unuseable unless I can find a way of using two separate pages.

It looks like in V10 you cannot have the delivery user defined option in isolation, you have to activate the invoice user defined to get it to show. Then when you do that, you cannot ask 2 different questions because the text for the delivery user defined does not show up.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
          Actinic got a lot of pressure form it's customers to streamline the checkout area and reduce the number of pages. They addressed this in V10.
          Not you aswell, have any of you lot counted the pages

Comment

^^^^ WHS

The new checkout is terrible.

Comment

Working...
            X