Actinic to Sage Line50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic to Sage Line50

I have setup actinic link and want to use it to pull in the products from actinic to sage. However it works ok when pulling info from sage to a csv file but when I want to use the Actinic to Sage process the profile created states there are no CSV files at the source directory. I have copied a csv file to the source directory so I know there is at least one file there, could anyone help?

Cheers Keith

Didn't know you could or would

Hello Keith. I am probably not a good person to answer this. We bring orders and customers from Actinic to Sage every few minutes, and we update stock figures from Sage to Actinic about once a day. We originally transferred product details from Sage to Actinic to set up the shop, but only the once, now just updating the stock.

However, we have never transferred products from Actinic to Sage, have never had a reason to want to do so, and I am wondering whether it is possible using Actinic Link. There is nothing to indicate that you can as far as I can see.

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah,

Yes you're right, actinic products to sage isnt possible with link, I've been away from actinic for a few years and read the promotional write up wrong.
      So I'm changing references in actinic to make things easier.
      The company has products in both sage and actinic, mostly same products but with different ref's which is why I was hoping to bring them into sage.

Cheers fior the answer though.
      Keith

Cheers Keith

Comment

Been there, done it & probably got the t-shirt.

Like everyone, bought Actinic to go with Sage Line50, purely because of availability of the Link & assuming it would move data between the two seemlessly. Since it didn't, decided to keep Sage as a central repository of products with Actinic only as front end to market the products. To resolve the inconsistencies, exported both set of Products into CSV & used Excel to identify the differences before importing these into Sage. Now use the LINK to only to update the products in Actinic & do not create any new products within Actinic. Don't use REPLACE as I've got additional fields defined on the products. Now the issue is, when we have moved on with the styles, old ones gets purged in Sage. There is no way of telling Actinic that these no longer exist. So its again a manual process of identifying & deleting them in Actinic. Hope this helps.

On a side note, since both, Actinic & Sage have ODBC connectivity to their relevant databases, I do not know why Actinic haven't produced a screen-based procedure to connect to both products to help resolve discrepancies.

Nilesh

Comment

Working...
        X