Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V10 upgrade from V9.05

Hello folks,

i have recently downloaded the upgrade to V10.01 KEUB but not done anything with it yet, i waited on the advice of actinic support after V10 was first released to hang on so any bugs could be fixed.

Haven't done this type of upgrade before, just site imports when changes have been made to the layout - i presume the method is the same, i.e import site - but will i 'lose' any custom parts of the site like the cascading menu/ lightbox and a custom summary report we had from jo morecroft?

or does it leave all that unaffected and just add the extras in? sorry if this has been asked before, i did search but obviously not very efficiently!

Moving from v9 to v10 is a little different but yes you still use the File > Snapshot > Import Site

When you do this the upgrader will do its thing and upgrade the layouts to include the new stuff. You should get an option to use the default theme or no to keep the existing .... select not to use the default theme (unless you want to)

Unfortunately do not expect everything to be the same. It should largely be the same but depending on the layouts used and the nature of the original coding some layout are defaulted back to factory settings to ensure they work. This may or may not affect your site. You will get a log of the upgrades and the changes so you can check back to see which (if any) have been affected.

The new css in the actinic.css may also cause a conflict if it is appended at the bottom and overrides something you have done above.

Custom reports may or may not work - you will need to check them. You will need to manually copy them from the old site folder into the new site folder. Jo should be able to tweak if once copied they do not work.

The level of disruption varies on the actual site. I have done one and it lost a lot of the formatting, another just needed 2 lines of code in the stylesheet removing which were added after the upgrade.

Take lots of backups and plan for a least a day to check everything over before going live.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Many thanks Jont . . . .

figured i'd be bound to run into a couple of surprises . . . i'll just take the plunge and bring plenty of paracetomols in to work next week lol

Comment

Hello olderscot,

tbh i dont know who bun is but i do know we aquired ecclestone angling some months back and it now trades under the name of st helens angling.

i've never actually gone into the control panel here and disabled anything so i have no idea why the pm's are turned off . . . ???

Comment

LOL.

It can look worse than it really is - just take it steady and methodical and ensure you read the upgrade / change logs as most things will be in there.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

sorry . . . . . having a blond moment . . .

i open the v10.01 vip, it goes to an installer . .

then i import the v9.05 site INTO the v10.01 ?

i presume this is the right way round as i unzipped the v10 file to another folder to have a look first, nothing to see really . . just seems backwards but maybe that's my take on 'logic' . . .

Comment

yes

install v10 seperately, dont choose the upgrade v9 option. Then bring in a snapshot and test before going live.

Comment

thought so . . many thanks darren i'll have a crack at that later if i get a chance

Comment

Working...
                X