Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike and Darren,

I have around 1650 products on SPP.

I have left trying to import the snapshot for literally, hours.

I don't have memeo, and, I have deleted the link to the spreadsheet, and, the spreadsheet itself aswell.
    Steve Jordan
    -----------------------------
    Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
    Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

Comment

Dear All,

After following the suggestions in earlier posts I am now getting the following as I try and start V10 :

Splash screen with error dialogue box -

'Unable to locate the database for the selected site. The site will remain unchanged'.
      Steve Jordan

Comment

Now getting this :

An error occurred while parsing the configuration import file C:\Users\Stephen\Documents\Actinic v10\Sites\Sites.ini. The key appears to be empty. =Site1
        Steve Jordan

Comment

This one

'Unable to locate the database for the selected site. The site will remain unchanged'.
          Came up before on the forum and was solved by turning off the AV.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46898

Have you tried darren's suggestion of turning off your anti-virus, or at least the real time portion of it? Personally, I'd try disconnecting from the network, turning off the anti-virus, restarting the PC and then re-installing Actinic and importing the snapshot.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
            This one

Came up before on the forum and was solved by turning off the AV.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46898

Have you tried darren's suggestion of turning off your anti-virus, or at least the real time portion of it? Personally, I'd try disconnecting from the network, turning off the anti-virus, restarting the PC and then re-installing Actinic and importing the snapshot.

Mike
            I have had alot of issues lately with eset AV thats why i asked and suggested steve turn of the realtime file protection - im confident this is the problem. I have three V10/Eset AV problems to date and have managed to work around these and even turning off the AV is the easiest and simpliest test to start with IMHO

Comment

Mike or Darren,

Sorry to be thick, but ...

When you say "I'd try disconnecting from the network" what do you mean?
              Steve Jordan

Comment

I presume Darren means take your computer off the internet by disabling the wireless or unpugging the ethernet cable.

Comment

I presume Darren means take your computer off the internet by disabling the wireless or unpugging the ethernet cable.
                  Yes, that's what I meant. Purely as a precaution against picking up viruses and other stuff when running with no AV or firewall.

Windows is much better than it used to be, and sitting behind a router is also pretty effective as a firewall but I still remember the time when DSL was delivered via the BT jellyfish modem. I once had a new PC and no drivers for the jellyfish and by the time I'd searched for and downloaded the drivers via dial up I'd picked up three viruses / trojans.

Ever since then I've been paranoid about connecting to the internet without an active firewall and anti-viral program.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

A Big Thankyou

Many thanks to all those who passed on their suggestions to help me.

I have now 'recovered' my copy locally - it seems that when I was originally trying out the link to the Excel spreadsheet, the registry got corrupted some how.

I did a restore of an earlier copy of my registry which fixed the problem.

Once again many thanks.
                    Steve Jordan

Comment

Similar Issue

I have a very similar issue to this, however I can import the site design but cannot get the full snapshot to restore.

This issue occurred recently with v10 and don't want to upgrade if the issue still exists in v11 or
                      v12.

Very frustrating. I have re-installed the software, turned off av, system restored to a known 'good time', disabled on-line stock control, etc.

Any other ideas would be wonderful

Comment

Are you importing into exactly the same version (10.0.3 for example) as the one you created the snapshot in? It has to be the same.

Another known issue is importing a snapshot from a memory stick or external hard drive or from the cloud. If your snapshot is stored in any of these locations, copy it to your desktop first (the same one where the Sellerdeck software is located) and *then* import.
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                        X