choices question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choices question

From my online-catalog page I have built sections then down each to products then down each to options, which list colour choices & sizes, this suits fine but I don't seem to be able to put individual weights on the items for shipping calc's.

have I built this wrong or is there a way?

also, how do I change the OS Online Shop logo at the top of my template page.

pete

Not sure on the weights but the store logo you can change, make yours to fit then save in your site folder somewhere (I use an image folder with sub folders). Then from settings / site options both the homepage and store pages logo can be pointed at from the general tab.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

To assign weights (and control stock) you need to assign an actual product to each of the choices.

You do this by creating a hidden product with the correct weight and then assign that product to the choice.

There's a good description of how to do this here in the knowledge base http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=290135

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

fantastic, will try these both tomorrow & I'm really grateful for the help

Pete

Comment

You can also use the product options wizard (it's a tab on the product details) to get Actinic to quickly generate the hidden products, you enter your options and choices, stock levels etc. Note that you have to enter a stock level or an option price to get Actinic to generate the hidden products. Also you can only use this wizard to add new options.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Ed.....anyone

can you tell me where the 'site folder' is specifically located, perhaps with a tree to guide me please..................obviously I'm new to it all.

I placed all my images in a 'cart photos' folder in
            actinicv10/backup v10.0.0.0.0.0kdya/site1/cart photos.....

however on snapshoting i get an error message stating some files are outside main Directory & I presume they will not move when I eventually upload.

As specific & precise location guide would be fantastic.

cheers

Pete

Comment

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30219 which is still relevant for V10.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,
                All your images need to remain in the sites folder - usually defaults to your documents unless otherwise specified. You have placed them in program files which will not work.

Search your documents for sites / site1 is the default.

If you point to images elsewhere it will not find them and cause errors.
                https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

hello pmk,

it's usually here

C:\My Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\Site1

then you should see all the folders etc that actinic uses - with ours, inside the folder above i've then got a 'trafford images' folder where all the pictures are kept - it's also good to remember from the start that ALL your images must have unique names, every single one of them, and if you can name them so the names makes sense to you, with no spaces or special characters from the start, that will help a lot.

Comment

really grateful again guys, hopefully one day I'll be able to pay the debt by helping someone else

pete

Comment

Working...
                    X