MOTO orders: Actinic Payments Vs Other providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOTO orders: Actinic Payments Vs Other providers

We have Actinic v10 catalog, and would like to process payments for orders taken by phone (MOTO).

What are the main advantages for using Actinic Payments for this, Vs a complete system like SecureTrading? A disadvantage is having to find 2 merchant accounts (1 for online and 1 for MOTO), and having costs deducted by Actinic and the merchant account provider!

I know that payments/refunds can be taken from within Actinic when using Actinic Payments. Is this true of Catalog as well as Business? This would be easier than having to log on to a separate system outside of Actinic to process payments... but it it worth the extra cost of Actinic Payments do you think??

It seems we need to decide if the ease of dealing with payments within Actinic outweighs the burden of the extra costs of using Actinic Payments and associated merchant bank accounts. And if this is better than a complete system (like SecureTrading) that does not integrate completely within Actinic... thoughts welcome!

We had HSBC and to be fair it worked well but we switched to AP and it makes life better for you and the customer on the phone, simple to process the order to completion without changing screens and keep the call short!

Most payment providers run with timeouts too which are secure but very annoying being logged out every 15 mins, another plus for AP...
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Regulations for the card industry say that you should separately identify MOTO and ecommerce transactions. That's absolute, but an example of a problem if you don't is that if you use 3D Secure, mixing accounts would mean having to ask for 3D secure passwords from MOTO buyers which is a huge no-no.

A single acount for AP covers both ecommerce and MOTO.

Whether you need a single merchant ID for each of MOTO and ecommerce or one covers both is a function of the bank, and is the same across all PSPs.

So AP is no different from Secure Trading in these respects and is just as much a complete system.

Details of what each bank requires can be found at http://www.actinic.co.uk/ecommerce-software-for-businesses/services/online-card-payments/cards-banks-and-currencies.html.

Chris

Comment

an example of a problem if you don't is that if you use 3D Secure, mixing accounts would mean having to ask for 3D secure passwords from MOTO buyers which is a huge no-no.
        Chris, I assume what you're doing here is explaining why the PSP has to specify whether the transaction is a customer online or MOTO/Virtual terminal when it happens. The PSPs do this so mixing online and MOTO transactions is fine as long as the merchant account allows it.

That's a useful table in the link. I use HSBC for my merchant accounts and have never had any problems with Online and MOTO payments into the one merchant account. I do have another merchant account for the shop terminal but two is definitely better than three.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes, sorry, you're quite right, I wasn't very clear on that point. Where the mrechant ID (MID) allows both MOTO and ecommerce, they can both be used on the MID. However, the banking system must still know which are MOTO and which are ecommerce.

Chris

Comment

Ok thanks for the responses. It seems strange to need two accounts, but I can see why. And that it is probably easier to use AP.

Can I just check that AP works the same with Actinic Catalog as it does with Actinic Business?

Thanks

Comment

The MOTO form isn't present in Catalog and it doesn't automatically link through to AP. In Catalog with AP you have to do the payment manually and separately, as you would with other PSPs.

In Business, you get the MOTO form and the automatic link between payments and MOTO orders.

Chris

Comment

Good job I checked... all the info I have read on the site does not say anything about needing Actinic Business, even when talking about the MOTO feature. A bit of a pain really, we could easily have purchased AB when it was on offer a few weeks ago!

Comment

This outlines the differences: https://www.actinic.co.uk/docs/produ...rochurev10.pdf

Comment

I understood the new order button was at the bottom in catalogue but essentially offline or moto orders then were treated the same and you could use Actinic Moto as desktop payment method to be redirected to AP? After which an order download would retrieve the payment for the order...
                    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Seems this needs a few points of clarification...

What are the advantages of Actinic Catalog over Actinic Business when it comes to MOTO orders? Does the video HERE actually show AB in action rather than AC? In which case, AB has a pretty all-in-one screen and AC has a 'wizard' with several screens. But both allow orders to be entered and payments processed with a few clicks of a button?

What are the advantages of Actinic Payments over any other payment gateway when it comes to MOTO orders - what are the advantages of AP being 'integrated' with Actinic? In AC and AB it looks like entering card details prompts a payments page to load in a browser window, where card details are entered. What happens if we are using another payment gateway? Would we have to manually open a browser and navigate to a web address, and then manually mark the order as paid once the payment has gone through? Or would Actinic link to the gateway automatically?

Thanks

Comment

Ok well I spoke to Actinic on the phone.

Actinic Catalog - MOTO payments are entered in a separate webpage, and refunds cannot be given within Actinic. Website orders can be offered refunds in Actinic with AP, but not with any other PSP.

Actinic Business - MOTO payments are entered within Actinic within a single page (like in the PSP videoon the Actinic website), and refunds can be given within Actinic. Website orders can be offered refunds in Actinic with AP, but not with any other PSP.

I haven't managed to find this info anywhere on the Actinic website, and the person I spoke to on the phone said he would have a look into it. I also suggested that the video pointed out that some features were only available in Actinic Business

Comment

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to clear things up.

As long as you have a MOTO account set-up with your merchant provider and Actinic Payments you can use the 'refund', 'pay' buttons etc (within Actinic Software) for both Catalog and Business.

The only difference between Catalog and Business, when using Actinic Payments, is that Catalog doesn't have the MOTO form.

In Catalog you create a MOTO order by selecting 'New Order'. This method works fine and will link the card details with the order, however it is a clunky process compared with the Business MOTO form.

Hope this helps.
                          Josh Barling
                          CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Hi Jfro,

Please call into actinic sales on 08451294800 option 1 and ask for myself or Josh and we'll work out a deal on an upgrade to business for you

Regards,

Andy Porter

Comment

Working...
                            X