Site crashes on checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site crashes on checkout

Hi, i recently had a problem with a crashed hard drive and had to use my backup from when i upgraded v9 to v10. I have the updated V10 program installed on my computer runing 3 site.
    since using the backup I have not been able to use checkout on any of the 3 sites. I have tried full site refresh and i can not find any changes to my ssl settings from using the backup.
    The sites are

juststairs.co.uk
    timber-cabins.co.uk
    hallgate-timber.co.uk

They all seem to have the same problem, when i try to checkout on juststairs it takes me to
    http://www.juststairs.co.uk/cgi-bin/[Actinic:CHECKOUTURL%20/]&ACTINIC_REFERRER=http%3a%2f%2fwww.juststairs.co.uk%2fcgi-bin%2fca000001.pl

any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA Mark.
    Log Cabins and Garden Sheds
    Decking, Fencing, Gates and Spiral Stairs

Not sure what you did when you say "had to use my backup from when i upgraded v9 to v10".

Did you import a V9 Snapshot into a clean V10 site?

Did you copy your V9 Site files into your V10 folder?

Something else?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

did you check your v9 backups work with V9 rather than v10? thats the first thing i'd check aswell as the usual compact databases, change script id and re-upload and/or refresh from the troubleshooting menu .

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say
      i can not find any changes to my ssl settings from using the backup.

Comment

Hi,
        I used a copy of the site folders containing the websites and cut and pasted them in to Sites folder on the new installation of V10 on my new hardrive.

I then refreshed the sites.

With the SSL i went into network settings on each site to make sure that the network settings had copied over, which they seem to have done.

Comment

I have not changed Script ID, to be honest that part has gone over my head

Comment

I used a copy of the site folders containing the websites and cut and pasted them in to Sites folder on the new installation of V10 on my new hardrive.
            That may be the problem. You may have a very confused system now. Perhaps some V9 Perl scripts are being used instead of the V10 ones.

The usual way to go from V9 to V10 is to make a Snapshot on the V9 site and import that into a new clean V10 site. Done on both versions via the File Menu.

Comment

If i take snapshots from v10 now and then create new V10 sites from them will that still work?

thanks, Mark.

Comment

What's wrong with the conventional route, is something hampering that? if not, go conventional, it's 15 minutes max to do, simply not worth straying from the norm, particularly if you're not quite sure what you are doing. Dragging and dropping databases is last resort stuff, not first attack, simply load v10 on the same machine as v9 and import a v9 snapshot, it really is that easy.

Comment

From what I can see the route you have taken does not allow V10 to upgrade V9 so will cause issues, is there a recent site snapshot you can use hopefully in the site folder from the hard drive?
                  https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by markhallgate View Post
                    If i take snapshots from v10 now and then create new V10 sites from them will that still work?

thanks, Mark.
                    no it won't as your v10 doesn't work.

Install v9, put your backup into it, test that it works. Then take a snapshot from v9 and import into 10

Comment

Hi, all the main problem I have is that I do not have an actuall snapshot

I am one of those idiots that thinks "it will never happen to me" and am normally very complacent about such things.

Since reloading the sites into V10 I have added a lot of new products etc, is there anyway of keeping these changes?

thanks, Mark.

Comment

OK You've never made any backups or Snapshots so you cannot expect an easy ride.

It seems that you have got a copy of your V9 Site folder. So do as Jo says and install a clean V9 and then copy that V9 Site folder copy into it. Test that it works and if so make a Snapshot and install that into a clean V10.

There's a slight chance that you can save work done since you went to V10. Product (but not design changes) can be saved to a file via File / Export. That file can be imported into your updated V10 site (once you know it's working) via File / Import. You will need to make sure that all images needed for the V10 import are in place first.

Also Snapshot copiously during all this. And invest in a backup device (Dual drive RAID 1 NAS box and decent backup software like Acronis). You've got 3 sites dependent on a single point of failure at the moment.

Comment

To get a v9 snapshot you need to install v9 as I suggested in my previous post . You may be able to take a hierarcical export of products from your v10 and reimport it once you have the site working

Comment

Hi, thanks for your advice from all.
                            I will give this a try this afternoon and let you know how it goes.

thanks, Mark.

Comment

OK, I have
                              reinstalled a clean copy of V9
                              I copied the old V9 Site folder across into the new install from the recovered hard drive
                              I deleted the Site1 and renamed the folder of my site to Site1
                              Started V9 and done a refresh
                              Checked to see if it works, however i can now only get the front page of the site, i have an item in my basket from the old uploaded site that i can not remove even if i delete cookies etc, could this be causing the prob?

The site i have done is the juststairs.co.uk site

Comment

Working...
                              X