Tax & Adding Adjustments to Line Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax & Adding Adjustments to Line Items

When sending an item out for delivery again, due to it being returned for various reasons, I manually add the additional shipping cost to the order.

I do this by adding an adjustment to the Line Items, this is also useful when adding other additional costs. I just type in the value less the VAT, change the Tax 1 treatment to VAT Normal.

In v10 I seem to get a problem, some kind of bug maybe? But randomly the tax 1 treatment drop down is blank and so I can't apply VAT. Restarting Actinic doesn't help. I can go a few days with it not working when all of a sudden it will start working again and the drop down box will be populated with options, even after a restart its still there, all is fine. Then it will disappear as randomly as it started working again.

Can't see that anyone else has experienced this on here, wondering if anyone has any ideas. I have run it by Actinic Support and they weren't aware of an issue and whilst we were checking things it started working again.

Today is a 'its not working' day.
    www.prolineskates.com

I have exactly the same problem. I need to generate an invoice with an item added as an adjustment, and it needs VAT applying. I get the blank dropdown box too. Any ideas anyone?
    Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

No sorry, never got to the bottom of it. Most of the time its there and works fine, then all of a sudden it will be blank. Restarting - rebooting doesn't always make a difference but at some point during a few reboots it seems to come back to normal.

Fortunately we have more than one user that it never happens to, so if it appears on my machine I just use the other one to make my adjustments until it starts working again.

The only difference between mine and the other users PC is that I am on win 7 and they are on win XP.
      www.prolineskates.com

Comment

Weird. I've raised a query with Actinic & we'll see. Interestingly, it has worked for previous orders, and if I open those now, I still see the blank dropdown box, yet previewing the invoice shows the VAT correctly - so the data entered before is still there.

Comment

Seems it's a known bug in 10.0.2 - which is what I'm running. Fixed in 10.0.3 onwards - must get round to doing that upgrade!

However there is a workaround I have found:-

1. Create a product representing the adjustment. You can make it invisible so customers don't see it. You don't actually need to upload the site with it.
          2. Instead of making the adjustment by clicking the "Add adjustment" button on the line items tab, use the "Add New Item" button, and add the product you generated in (1) .
          3. It works.

Interestingly, if you then remove this adjustment, and go back to trying to add it the old way, the dropdown box suddenly works again.

Comment

Working...
          X