Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auction Based Website In Actinc?

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to build an auction type website in actinic. The sites main purpose would be to sell antique furniture now as its antique all items will be individual and would not work as a product with a stock of 50 etc.

Now I understand that I could simply have a mass of pages for each product then say Out of Stock or Delete the page after it has been sold. My only issue with this is Search Engine Optimization and the fact that if I delete pages I will get knocked off google.

is there anyway to have a system such as the following in actinic?

http://www.ph9.co.uk/favicon.ico" />

Simon
    www.simonstaton.co.uk

I can't see how this would work if you want to auction items because there is no way of bidding - unless you want a price drop style auction and manually update price reductions.

If you just have a lot of one off items though you can use stock control and set the quantity in stock to 1 for each item.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply, The items will be fixed prices however I refered to an auction site as once an item is sold it is not going to be on the site anymore. if I just change the stock in a year or so the site is going to have thousand's of pages of pointless products. And if we delete the pages it is bad for seo.

Simon
      www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

How do you want it to work then?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Could you not then simply have fixed, permanent pages (i.e. the same .html filename) and simply delete the product(s) in the page and replace with the next one.
          You keep SEO pages in index, you're able to remove sold items and also hopefully simplify management.
          e.g. a Section called "antique tables" which only contains tables; deleting sold ones and adding in new ones as required?
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

As long as when you delete each page you also set up a 301 permanent redirect it should be fine. Although Fergus's reply would be good too. May be use a combination of reusable pages and just occasionally delet pages and use 301

Comment

Fergus' suggestion sounds the simplest, and best for SEO to me. It's the way I would choose if I needed to set up a site along those lines.
              Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
              www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Ebay shop for me.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks for the replys, I like the idea of having one page optimized. however the page name for the product would have to keep changing to keep it related? maybe I could have one page with a list of products not inside sections so for example a table page then on that table page a list of all the tables as pure products. this would mean the site would be small however would be much easier to maintain

Simon
                  www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Page name on own is just one of many seo factors so if you optimise everything else inc the page content and page title I wouldn't be overly concerned about pagename

Comment

what it not be best having one page optimized for "antique tables" then on that page have all of the products displayed directly with the add to cart etc, then allow them to get a full description by using the extended information in actinic?

this could be bad for seo as its a low page count however would be easier to maintain.

Thanks,
                      Simon
                      www.simonstaton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X