Actinic V10 on a netbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic V10 on a netbook?

I have been thinking that it may be handy to use Actinic on a Netbook occasionally, if feasible.

I was thinking of one of the Intel Atom N450 netbooks (1.66Ghz, 667Mhz FSB, 512Kb L2C) with a memory upgrade to 2GB. It would be running stripped out Win7 Starter, NIS & Outlook 2003.

I know it wouldn't be ideal, but does anyone know if it would be capable of the task without falling over?

Thanks
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

I have been using Actinic on a netbook some some time, the big bugbear is on 1024/600 res you dont get to see all the dialog boxes, i reported this a bug to Get Satisfaction.

http://getsatisfaction.com/actinic/t...netbook_screns

Other than that everything seems to run ok - but I am using design side not running a store.

Comment

Yes, the basic 600 vertical resulution is a bugbear. Spend a little more and get one with an 11" screen at a 1366 x 768 resulution and you'll not have dialogues off the bottom.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It seems netbooks are very fast approaching what we called laptops last year.

Comment

Again, thanks Ladies & Gentlemen.

It would seem that Intel & Microsoft's "dealing" to restrict specification, screen size & OS on Netbooks will keep the traditional laptop going for a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Air-Tech View Post
            Again, thanks Gents.
            and Lady

Comment

Apologies, thanks all.

Comment

Working...
              X