Phone Number Formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Number Formats

Is it possible to force Actinic to format telephone numbers (and postcodes) in a certain way?

For the UK this format would be 00000 000000 for a phone number (and AA11 1AA for postcode).

Thanks

This KB article will sort the Postcode formatting out at the client end, so when the order gets downloaded it will be in the right format.
    It wont do the phone number formatting tho. You will need to add extra code to the JavaScript provided previously.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Ok thanks for that

Formatting telephone numbers would also be useful...maybe I'll figure out how to write some code one day!

Comment

Telephone formatting may not be quite so simple because not all numbers are the same number of characters, nor are they grouped in the same way consistently.

Comment

Well ok...here's a bit of background to the problem. We are now able to export from Actinic to Excel using a a customised version of Codepath's order export plug-in.

When placing an order, customers (in the UK only) enter in their telephone number in a variety of formats (00000000000 or 00000 000000 or 00000 000 000 etc). The phone number, in this format, is then exported to excel. If we use excel (or actinic) to search for a customers order using their telephone number, we are unlikely to be able to find it in the system/s as it could be formatted in any number of ways.

The number can either be formatted in excel (perhaps using VB) or in Actinic using JS. The Actinic option would be much preferred.

Would I be along the right lines if I modified the code in this link for the UK phone format, and used it in the same way as the postcode formatter, or am I way off target?!!!

http://javascript.internet.com/forms...ne-number.html

Comment

You'd certainly be on the right track in doing that.

Comment

Working...
            X