Cart Summary VAT Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart Summary VAT Bug

There appears to be a bug in Actinic in at least in v9.05 and v10.02 (Perhaps not in v9.02) as follows:

When you add an item to cart the ‘cart summary’ shows the total including VAT on the cart page. If you now click continue shopping (or wait until bounced back) you are taken back to the product page and the 'cart summary' shows the price including VAT, however if when on the cart page you instead click on the product line detail link to go back to the product page then the 'cart summary' shows excluding VAT. This happens in fact with any cgi link back to a product page from the cart.

I've tried this on client sites running v9.05 and v10.02, they all have the same problem. It also happens across all modern browsers (IE6 not tested).

I've uploaded and tried this on a v10.02 default store with everything at defaults and it also shows the problem.

I presume this is a perl issue.

EDIT: On further testing - in fact any cgi link from any page to any product and the 'cart summary' always shows excluding VAT. The only way to have the 'cart summary' to show VAT is to go to the cart page and then use a non cgi link or the continue shopping button - it will then stay showing VAT until a cgi link is used.

Weird but true. I just checked it on Darrens's site http://www.casupply.co.uk/index.html

It seems to only happen when using prices excluding VAT as I don't see the same thing on my 9.0.5 site which uses VAT inclusive pricing.

The cart summary is using the same cookie item so it looks as if the perl scripts are rewriting the summary value to exclude VAT.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The content of the CART_CONTENT cookie appears to be the same in both instances regardless so I don't beleive it's getting written to again.

Maybe it's the js routine getCartItem(1)
      Code:
      //CART_CONTENT = Cookie name
      //1 = TOTAL_VALUE
      //3 = CART_COUNT

function getCartItem(nIndex)
      	{
      	var act_cart= getCookie("CART_CONTENT")
      	var sTemp =(act_cart != null) ? sTemp=act_cart.split("\t"):0;
      	return (sTemp.length > 0) ? sTemp[nIndex] : 0;
      	}

Comment

It's SearchScript.pl that doing this (it's a SearchScript link that takes you to the product from within the Cart).

Here's another route to demonstrate this.

If you add to cart and then Continue Shopping, you get the full fat VAT inclusive price showing.

Now use the Search to find something and the summary has switched to the erroneous VAT exclusive again. It stays that way until you visit the Cart, at which time the cookie is rewritten with the expected value.

It looks like SearchScript.pl is rewriting the cookie and doing so VAT exclusive.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The cookie certainly does get re-written here's the two versions that I just grabbed:
          Code:
          VAT Exclusive Cookie

CART_TOTAL%09%26%23163%3b51%26%2346%3b06%09CART_COUNT%092%0a

CART_TOTAL tab £51.06 tab CART_COUNT tab 2 LineFeed

---------------------

VAT Inclusive Cookie

CART_TOTAL%09%26%23163%3b60%26%2346%3b00%09CART_COUNT%092%0a

CART_TOTAL tab £60.00 tab CART_COUNT tab 2 LineFeed

Comment

The Cart Content cookie appears to be created in ActinicOrder.pm from line 6721.

I suspect this has been around since the tax inclusive/exclusive pricing changes that were done in v9.

Comment

Raising this for the team to investigate.

Thanks,

Ben
              Benjamin Dyer
              CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Working...
              X