Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing look of how price is displayed

Hi All

Slowly getting to grips on Actinic but one area I thought I had figured out but I can't see how/what I did was to change how prices appear on product pages.

I would like to display the price big and the "excludes Vat" small I thought I had figured this out but I can't get this to change.

Also when you list quantities it lists these in one big list again any help to make this look better. Below is work in progress but the price part is the bit I am trying to look cleaner

http://www.fantasysigns.co.uk/acatal...y_t-shirt.html

Second Question
    Also is it possible to display including VAT and excluding Vat prices on same website? We deal with businesses and the public direct and the public don't like the +vat part and would rather see the price they pay while businesses opposite so they can claim back. What I am really meaning some items are £11.75 inc vat and some are £10+vat - make sense?

Third Question
    Based on the test page above the gap between say the specificatsion and the text below I assume is to do with CSS but where about can I adjust this within Actinic or is it best to code in Dreamweaver and paste the whole code in?

Thanks all
    Paul

1) Select an item where the page appears on the page then open the Design Tab, Page Preview. Click the Price so that a small box appears round it. Right click the box and select 'Edit Appearance' from the list. Change the Font Size to, say, 14 and 'Bold' to 'True'. Do the same with the Tax Description.

2) Yes I think that is in Business Settings | ... | Show Tax Inclusive Prices. Go back to Answer 1 to edit appearance.

3) Still in Design Tab, select 'Layout Code' and find the Product Description. Above and below this you will see the code <br /> which means 'line break'.

To increase the space, type in another <br /> next to it. To decrease the space, change <br /> to:

<!-- PM <br /> -->

where <!-- and --> mean 'hide this' and your initials PM mean 'I did this change here'. You can delete <br /> instead if you are confident about what you have done.

Each time you make a change click 'Apply' then change to Preview to see the effect. Anything you do will affect every Product that uses that Layout.
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Thanks for reply but still having a problem. But I think I can see where I am going wrong but I don't see how to fix. If you look at page below

http://www.fantasyprints.co.uk/acata...as_Prints.html

If you look at the first POPULAR CANVAS I have put a price which it lists the way I would like (however other parts of website for business I want to still list EXCLUSIVE OF VAT).
      But if you look at the options they all say EXCLUDING VAT. I can display with out this message but if I put £39.99 which is first option then it adds vat. If I leave at the price shown I need to have the EXCLUSIVE OF VAT message as the customer would expect just to pay the lower price.

So what I think is that the VAT options work with product price but when you have options like I have you need to do something else but I can't see what

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by fantasyprints View Post

So what I think is that the VAT options work with product price but when you have options like I have you need to do something else but I can't see what

Paul
        The options and component pricing do not include VAT whereas the product pricing can include or not include VAT. What I do is add a custom variable where I can set the VAT and add this to the code that is working out the prices for options and components, not ideal as you now have two places t oset the VAT but the alternative is to fix the VAT in code and personally I find that less acceptable to maintain.

There is code on the forum showing how to make the change so you can have all prices inclusive or exclusive of VAT or even both.

You are looking for the layout 'Additional Price with Tax message in brackets' or similar depending on how you have set up the pricing.

VAT exclusive for a permutation
        Code:
        			(+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(<actinic:variable name="PermutationPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
        			Excluding <actinic:variable name="Tax1Description" /><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Tax2Description%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" > and <actinic:variable name="Tax2Description" /></actinic:block>)
        VAT inclusive for a permutation

Code:
        			(+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency((1.0 + <actinic:variable name="Current VAT" />) *<actinic:variable name="PermutationPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
        			<actinic:variable name="Current VAT Text" />)
        The difference being the addition of the (1.0 + 'Current VAT' ) * where Current VAT is a custom variable set to .175 for now.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Malcolm

I have copied the Layout you suggest which currently says

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
          (+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(<actinic:variable name="PermutationPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
          Excluding <actinic:variable name="Tax1Description" /><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22Tax2Description%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" > and <actinic:variable name="Tax2Description" /></actinic:block>)
          </actinic:block>
          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e" />
          (+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>

The code you suggest for VAT included do you replace the first block - as when I do this I get a Parse error on line 1

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by fantasyprints View Post
            The code you suggest for VAT included do you replace the first block - as when I do this I get a Parse error on line 1

Paul
            Hi

The code I quoted was only part of the code you replaced. For the whole section of code use this

Code:
             <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE" >
            (+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency((1.0 + <actinic:variable name="Current VAT" />) * <actinic:variable name="PermutationPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedPricesAreUsed%22%20%2f%3e" />
            (+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency((1.0 + <actinic:variable name="Current VAT" />) * <actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>
            There are two sections of code in there in two blockif's, I was just showing the inner part of one blockif, hence the error if using the code example I gave to replace all the code.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
            Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
            X