Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating purchase order reports

Hi Forum,

I am interested in options for creating purchase orders from within Actinic and wondered what other shop owners are doing to achieve this. Ideally we would want to add a custom field to each product (i.e. supplier) and then be able to run reports against each supplier to see what stock is required to re-order.

I assume that the options might be:

- Use an inbuilt Actinic report (if possible)
    - Use something like Crystal reports to speak Actinic/Access directly
    - Write some VBA to interogate Access DB

Any thoughts?

Alex
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook
    Actinic Ecommerce, CMS and Video production

www.petraboase.com
    www.progrow.co.uk
    www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk
    www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

The second and third are possible but a very easy way without getting your hands too dirty would be to use Excel to get the data from the product table. Then in Excel have a lookup table that has the product reference vs the supplier. You can then sort by supplier and list by stock holding.

Comment

How would you know what stock is required to reorder?

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        How would you know what stock is required to reorder?

Regards,
        Not sure if your question is to me or Duncan? Anyway I think the plan would be to have several custom fields per product:

Supplier
        Supplyer product code
        Supplier pack size
        Min stock level

These can then be used to create a report for each supplier based on magic formula (yet to be decided).

Alex
        Blog, Twitter, Facebook
        Actinic Ecommerce, CMS and Video production

www.petraboase.com
        www.progrow.co.uk
        www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk
        www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk
        www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

i have been looking for something similar to this also as we have an epos system in our shop that can do the same, at the moment we just use the reference number of product to match the company name for example

SUPPLIER-00001 (supplier order code)

then we go to view all stock that is stock controlled and just view the stock report and sort by reference code name so all product from supplier grouped together and print out the relevant pages.

we use the warn if below in stock tab as the number we want to keep in stock so if this shows 20 and we have 10 in stock we would order another 10.

ideally like our epos we can run a purchase order for a certain supplier and it can work out automatially i need 10 and just give me the information needed

let me know if you work something out
          www.3000rpm.com

Comment

The key to using custom variables in reports is to define the variable at product level (so switch useParent off) - if you don't it can be quite hard to access the information.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Our multichannel order processing program (http://www.1stoporders.co.uk) has a supplier module that produces purchase orders reports in the beta version (due to go live in 14 days). It might be worth taking a look at that, we are happy to make minor changes to it if it's not quite as you would like it to be.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
              X