Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Terms & COnditions

Hi There

I have a button at the top of our site which is the default for the T&Cs but I want to move it to side (I have setup a button in the Store Information) but not sure how to get this information to appear. I can copy and paste from the current one but if I change any data this won't update.

www.fantasyprints.co.uk

Paul

Just discovered you can select a Brochure page in Design but when I do nothing happens when you click it - am I missing something obvious

Paul

Comment

Paul,

Go into Design mode and 'Select Page Type' from the drop-down list on the toolbar. Choose the 'Terms and Conditions' page.

Click somewhere in the About Us text that appears onscreen. Click the 'Up' arrow (the red one or the yellow one as you prefer) until the Layout Code panel looks something like...

MarketingMessage

About Us
      Purchase
      Shipping And Handling
      Delivery
      Backorders
      Tax Charges
      Credit Card Security
      Guarantee
      Reaching Us
      Privacy Policy
      Returns Policy
      Remittance Terms
      ActinicTermsAndConditionsLink

Copy all of that code, then go and paste it into the design of your http://www.fantasyprints.co.uk/acata...onditions.html page.

Comment

Thanks for reply but I am losted at how I get the About Us text - very new to Actinic - can you give me a bit more information

Click somewhere in the About Us text that appears onscreen. Click the 'Up' arrow (the red one or the yellow one as you prefer) until the Layout Code panel looks something like...

MarketingMessage

About Us
        Purchase
        Shipping And Handling
        Delivery
        Backorders
        Tax Charges
        Credit Card Security
        Guarantee
        Reaching Us
        Privacy Policy
        Returns Policy
        Remittance Terms
        ActinicTermsAndConditionsLink

Copy all of that code, then go and paste it into the design of your http://www.fantasyprints.co.uk/acata...onditions.html page.

Comment

OK, we'll do it slightly differently. Note that you will be changing the code in your 'Outer Layout for Silver Theme' by doing this, and you're on your own if you mess up your site. At least take a snapshot first.

If you're new to Actinic, you need to at least have gone through the Starter Guide thoroughly, as well as some of the Advanced Guide.

That said...

Click on the Design tab. You should see your website in all its glory.

Double-Click on your 'Terms & Conditions' link in your side menu. You will switch to the 'Layout Code' upside-down tab showing the layout behind your page.

Scroll down to somewhere around line 73 and you will see...

<li>Terms Basic Link</li>

Copy that line.

Scroll down to somewhere around line 100 and you will see...

block<li>Simple Brochure Page Link</li>/block</ul>

After /block and just before the </ul>, paste in the line you copied from above. The line will now look like...

block<li>Simple Brochure Page Link</li>/block<li>Terms Basic Link</li></ul>

Apply the changes and test it.

You can now delete your own 'Terms & Conditions' section that you created previously.

Comment

Working...
          X