Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advanced menus

Hello,

My client would like to do something clever with the product menus where you would have a different left hand menu according to the department you are in. I know you could have a different home page for each section with a hard coded menu with the sub menu items in but is it possible that with blockif that it could be generated by Actinic based on your catagories.

Any help would be great.

Thanks so much
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Yes its possible, I've done it for quite a few sites now, usually with tabs across the top. Set a section level variable with values that correspond to each TLS. Set it on the TLS and then have a menu per TLS, filtering on that variable. Then use a blockif to decide which page you are on and show the corresponding menu. As a TLS is selected then the menu changes to the menu for that TLS. Make sure you have a global entry for when a TLS is not seleccted for all other pages, so 10 TLS equates to 11 menus.

Comment

wow that sounds fab, please can you show me a link to your website you are referring to so I can show my client?

Thank you
      christopherpiperwines.co.uk
      skatewarehouse.co.uk
      progrow.co.uk
      cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Any in my portfolio with tabs on will show you the idea, there's at least 5 or 6 examples, here's one for instance - http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/ - global menu on non TLS pages, then a focused one when a TLS is selected. It can go one step further also so that the active tab is highlighted, that uses a body id and then nested css within that declaration to style a tab when it is on that page, but that's pretty difficult to explain.

As you can see the title on top of the department menu changes also.

Comment

Working...
        X