Out of Stock Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Stock Message

In Version 9 I had OUT OF STOCK come up in red alongside a product if the stock level was below 1. I imported snapshot into V10.0.2. Have Enable Online Stock Control ticked. Have Suspend Orders if Below 1. Have Text in Design for out of stock message to say OUT OF STOCK. In Settings, Stock, have Enable Min/Max set to True, Enable display of stock info set to False (do not want stock figures to show), and Real-time stock display set to Display In Stock Message Only. However, on my test site, OUT OF STOCK does not appear. Product quantity is zero. If I try to add to basket says cannot do as insufficient stock, but I want it to say OUT OF STOCK so that the customer does not get annoyed when adding to basket. Any ideas?

Sarah

This is probably something to do with the introduction of the 'realtime' stock in V10 and could be linked with not displaying stock info, perhaps.

Somewhat ironic that is actually is having the opposite display effect, in this case.

Might be an idea to post your V10 code, for that part of your Product Layout (in code tags)
    Tracey

Comment

v10 should still show OOS driven online by the RTS javascript. See the 'Display Stock Quantities' layout.

Comment

Sorted

I have sorted it. It was a simple matter of changing in the Settings: Stock the second item, "Enable display of stock info" to True rather than False. The Help files were misleading on this, as they suggested that having it set to True would display the stock figures.

Sarah

Comment

I had this problem too, and I fixed it in the same way.

The thing that threw me was the fact that the settings between v9 and v10 were different. However, the setting that worked in v9 is, according to the help files, only there to maintain compatibility with v9 sites.

I personally reckon that this should be flagged up in a bigger way, or remove the v9 compatibility - that way it forces upgraders to change the settings to something that works, rather than them thinking it's working when it's not.

In the grand scheme of things, however, it's not a major problem.

Comment

I have this problem, and cannot fix it! Have tried the attached quote but think it must go deeper in my system. When selecting business settings | options | select 'enable online stock control' all my 'out of stock signs' disappear. But when I go back to 'enble stock control' they appear again. I wish I knew what it was! Actinic have been looking into this for me for a month now. Just wondering if anyone came across a solution?

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
            I have sorted it. It was a simple matter of changing in the Settings: Stock the second item, "Enable display of stock info" to True rather than False. The Help files were misleading on this, as they suggested that having it set to True would display the stock figures.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by BeccaHemmings View Post
              I have this problem, and cannot fix it! Have tried the attached quote but think it must go deeper in my system. When selecting business settings | options | select 'enable online stock control' all my 'out of stock signs' disappear. But when I go back to 'enble stock control' they appear again. I wish I knew what it was! Actinic have been looking into this for me for a month now. Just wondering if anyone came across a solution?
              Without stating the obvious, what are you stock levels for the affected products?

If the current stock is less than the "suspend when below", then the "out of stock" message will appear as soon as you enable stock control.

If you disable stock control, it will then ignore stock levels and allow ordering.

Is this what you mean?
              Tracey

Comment

In Actinic V10 the out of stock message is enabled if 'Real Time Stock control' is enabled (this is the one in Business Option) and 'Display Real Stock Level' is enabled (Settings->Site Options->Stock-> Enable Display of Stock Information).

The message is then controlled by a javascript function in actinicextras.js which looks at the Suspend Level and the Stock Level. You are out of stock if the stock level is below the Suspend Level. A quirk of Actinic stock control is that if you change the Suspend Level from the default of 1 it will automatically adjust the stock level it uses to compensate for the variation.

For example if you have 5 in stock and set a suspend level of 2 Actinic will have an internal stock of 4, set suspend level to 0 and the internal stock value is 6, this is the value used to control the Out of Stock message and to suspend ordering.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I was not more clear.
                  Bascially I want the red 'out of stock' sign to appear for all my products under the suspend level. This has always worked fine and still does work when using 'old' 'enable stock monitoring' but I want to take advantage of V10's 'enable online stock control' option.
                  When this is selected, all my 'out of stock' signs disappear and those items that are out of stock just have their 'add to cart' sign taken away. Also, on the extended info page for each product, it actually says 'in stock' even when they are not, therefore confusing and annoying all my customers.
                  I have gone back to using the 'old' 'enable stock monitoring' which works perfectly (shows the 'out of stock' sign on both the catalouge and extended info pages and takes away the add to cart button for all products under the suspend level)

Just to be clear
                  - When 'Real Time Stock control' is enabled (in Business Option) and 'Display Real Stock Level' is enabled (Settings->Site Options->Stock-> Enable Display of Stock Information) but no luck.
                  - My current stock is less than the "suspend when below", but the "out of stock" message do not appear when using the 'new' Online stock control option.

It is more of an aesthetical issue, as other than the appearence, it is working fine! The stock is still being deducted with each order, it is just the red sign that is missing and misleading my customers.

I am keen to get this fixed as used to use the mole end auto downloader to refresh my stock levels and to make sure people didn't order things that were out of stock. Needless to say I was very happy when the new version included this live stock control! I just wish I could use it.

I have contacted actinic, but it has been over a month now without progress (I have been in touch several time since opening the problem) This just caught my eye and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a solution. Nice to know I am not alone!

Comment

What is your default suspend level set to - in V10 to do what you want, it should be set to 1.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

It is 1, thank you Jan.

Comment

When this is selected, all my 'out of stock' signs disappear and those items that are out of stock just have their 'add to cart' sign taken away.
                        The new V10 stock control disables the old style out of stock message if 'RealTime Stock control' is enabled, and uses a different technique to control the message via javascript.

I tried it on my copy and it works fine i.e the button disappears and the OUT OF STOCK message appears. So it appears that there is some other problem with your site, do you have a link to a live site where we can see this.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

V10 Stock Control

Hi

If the problem site is the gift shop for Jane Austen then the header code is missing a number of items so there may be a problem with your site code. It would appear that RealTime Stock Control is off at the moment but other code that should be in the head section is missing.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Hi!
                            Yes it is the Jane Austen site, and yes the live stock control is not on.
                            Malbro, I will pass this on to the person looking into this, this may well be the reason why it is not working! Good spot!
                            The site code was designed a couple of years ago by someone else (am trying to learn though!) so bet this has something to do with it!
                            Many thanks for everyones help, will let you know!
                            Becca

Comment

Working...
                            X