Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Variables with "." removed on import

Hi,
    Hope someone can give me a quick help. I have created a custom variable for the Recommended Retal Price (RRP) of a product for my customers to sell on. I need to import RRP's into Actinic from my hierarchical file. I have set the value to 1099 (RRP 10.99 with the decimal point removed) but when I import it comes in as 1099 and doesnt add the decimal point back in like it does with the price.
    Please help as it is one of the last things I need to do before me site goes live on Sunday night.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried it with the "."?
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

I have created a custom variable
      Actinic cannot second guess what you want. If you import 1099 into a user variable that's what you get.

When you create a numeric Variable, there's a Whole Numbers Only option. Leave that checked if you intend to import in pennies. Uncheck it if you intend to import in pounds.pennies.

You'll probably be using custom code to do something with this RRP, so best use a bit of PHP to display it (or result of a calculation derived from it) formatted as n.nn.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your help, I presumed as with the price that you cannot import with the "." in it, as with the warning that comes up on screen

Comment

Working...
        X