page title not showing in google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

page title not showing in google

Google asked me to copy and paste some code into my home page for account verification but it also put a load of text above my header. I deleted this and my page title has gone to "My Title" in google.
    The only thing I have done to try and resolve this is to type the page title in the design page where it said My Title but no result.
    I am not a guy who understands code so don't talk to tech if you reply..
    URL www.ballistoluk.co.uk

Cheers
    Stephen
    GDFB Recreating History

Can you go a couple of steps back? What verification was Google asking you to do? Was it analytics? For webmaster tools?

For the former, the code is built in to Actinic, you just change your unique website code in Marketing - Google Analytics.

For the latter, Google asks you to upload a small html file to your server. It doesn't involve putting code in to the home page.

Either way, it sounds as if you have deleted some header material which was Actinic code. You probably need to revert the layout to factory settings.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

There is a meta tag verification process also.

Copy the meta tag below, and paste it into your site's home page. It should go in the <head> section, before the first <body> section.
      <meta name="google-site-verification" content="blurb-as-copied-from-google-webmaster-tools-here" />
      you shouldn't be replacing anything in Actinic though.
      This should be ADDITIONAL code placed just before the </head> tag.

If you've messed it up, you will need to fix it (previous snapshot, perhaps?) and re-do
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracy
        This is exactly what I did but it did not just Insert the code but also the instructions from just below the code. This is what I removed.
        I will go back to an old snapshot and try again.
        I will take a look at this this evening when I return home.
        Thanks
        Stephen.
        GDFB Recreating History

Comment

Sorry guccij. Missed your reply.
          I'm doing this on my iPhone without my glasses.
          It was the webmaster code I think.
          Thanks for your reply

Stephen
          GDFB Recreating History

Comment

Working...
          X