telephone number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

telephone number

Is there a telephone number for Actinic thats not 0870 or similar, these numbers charge for calls from my mobile, I often use my mobile either for quick info when driving or to keep the office number free. A normal number would mean free calls to Actinic.
    Gary

0870 numbers are a way of business making money from calls to them.
    The company receives a percentage of the call fee.
    I dislike 0870 numbers very much.

Comment

right can of worms opened.

Pay for actinic support per month
      Pay again in phone calls as well if you need to use it!
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Well before it all kicks off then, I have no idea what Actinic's agreement with there phone provider are, but I do know when looking at these for work, we were given the opions of how much we wanted to earn from each call, and one of those options was a big fat zero.
        So we should not jump on anything if we dont know.
        But I know as a mobile user, 0800, 0870, 0845 numbers etc are not part of your inclusive minutes, and as my mobile bill is £300 a month, Im always happy to save a bit
        Gary

Comment

1. The telephone number on the Actinic website is 0845 129 4800 which is not an 0870 number.

2. In the contact us section the following numbers are given:

+44 (0)845 129 4888

+44 (0)1932 358341

Mike

PS. They also have a 'request a call back' button which presumably means they'll even call you at their expense.

Wonderful thing the internet.
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Just answered my own question, I was going to post there is a web site that lists 0845 numbers and there alternatives, just found it and Actinic are in there.

http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by g11ary View Post
              But I know as a mobile user, 0800, 0870, 0845 numbers etc are not part of your inclusive minutes, and as my mobile bill is £300 a month, Im always happy to save a bit
              agreed. We use an "unlimited UK landline calls package", with our Skype phone, to call back to the UK and go to great lengths to find geographic numbers for companies, when we need to!
              Tracey

Comment

We use 0845 for two reasons:

- it's local call which used to mean reduced rates for customers

- it's non geographic so when (occasionally) we get failures / problems we can easily redirect it. This was put into practise a few weeks ago when our BT connection failed for a day

We've never used 0870 or its ilk and never plan to do so. Personally, I hate it when companies use these numbers.

Chris

Comment

Cheers for clearing that up, on a plus actinic support do call back as we have had this a few times, save being on hold for ever and a day.
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

glad to hear actinic arent using these numbers.

Comment

For any iPhone users out there, there is an app that lists the equivalent none 0845 number so you can rake advantage of included calls.
                      Unusual Silver Jewellery
                      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
                      Crystal Healing Jewellery
                      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                      X