Duplicate order query;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate order query;

I have a couple of orders, one in Pending & one in Pending PSP which have been duplicated - same customer, same order, same value but different order numbers. The "original" orders have been invoiced / paid in full & are sitting in the completed orders tray.

I suspect that on one of these anyway, that I may have shipped / invoiced the order before receiving the "payment in full" from my PSP (Actinic/Creditcall). Is it possible that could have caused the problem?

Would I be correct in thinking that to correct this, that I should delete the pending orders & leave the completed ones as they are?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

That is what I would do. Delete the psp pending order or just leave it there and it will disapear after a few weeks if you have the default settings.
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Thanks, appreciated.

Does anyone know if this is "normal"?

Comment

It hapens when the customer does not complete the payment with your PSP due to something going wrong. It is worth checking the PSP pending tab so you can contact the customer and offer an alternative payment method such as over the phone or paypal.
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Crystal Healing Jewellery
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

I understand that situation, but this is different.

Both customers completed just one order / shop without any issues, these original 1st orders were the ones which remained in PSP Pending. When I later retrieved ordrers a few hours later, assuming to see "full payment received" against the 1st two orders, another two identical orders with different order numbers came in, marked as "full payment received".

I thought both were via Actinic payments, but one was via Paypal - I am a bit perplexed here.

Comment

My assumption would be that the customer chose the wrong payment method first by mistake, then clicked the back button and chose the other one.

This creates two orders exactly as you've described.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

OK, that makes sense.

Again, thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X