Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQL Database issues - anyone else having similiar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQL Database issues - anyone else having similiar?

Hi Folks,

Just trying to get some feedback as to whether people out there have issues with the database linking.

I've got 3 sites all linking to 1 SQL 2005 database (different tables within same DB) This worked fine under V9, but i've never managed to get it to work under V10.

If i create a new site in V10, i can connect to the external datasource no problem. I can map fields and the data appears in catalog. However if I close actinic & go back in, going to the external database screen just gives an error - odbc connection to <tablename> failed.

If i try to re-link to the tables, it gives me the list of tables in the DB, but then gives the odbc connection failed message again.

I've tried setting database compatability to SQL 2000, but that doesnt help. I've tried installing the SQL 2005 on my local machine, but I still get the error.

I've had a case open with Actinic since May, but no resolution yet.

As a workaround, i've exported the tables to a ms access database, and they link ok. I've got 2 issues with that - firstly it makes updating the tables awkward, and secondly I paid extra for business plus to get the SQL linking!

Client is XP or Windows 7, both have the same issue.

Am I the only one?

Ross.

Do you also have onlne stock monitoring enabled?
    IIRC you can't have this enabled as well as use external linking.

Comment

What windows versions are you using.
      win7 32bit or 64 bit?
      same with Xp and whats the sql2005 sitting on.

I was at a technical conference last week (nothing at all to do with actinic) and one of the conversations that cropped up was connecting 64bit and 32 bit ODBC connections together for the high performance database I use, I know they they resolved the issue but it toook a long while to get to the bottom if it at the time. I didn't have the issues with my database being discussed so I wasn't listening too closely, but I know there was issues with the way the registries and the file locations exist when communicating with 64bit ODBC connections. - something about the system assumes its a 32bit connection and looks for files (dll's) in a certain place, but because its a 64 bit installation, they needed to look in a different place

I'm also sure that when they carried oout the initial connection/testing of the ODBC connect, it worked, but when they tried to re-connect, then it failed.

Not sure whether my reply is relevent, If it is, then I'll keep my eye on the forum tomorrow, and I'll ask questions of my tech contact if need be and come back to you,

if I'm barking up the wrong tree, then let me know.

kev

Comment

I think it's broken - I've tried it here and I can't link in V10 but can link the exact same table in V9.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Computerrookie,

in our live environment, sql 2005 32bit is on server 64bit - however for testing everything's 32 bit as i didnt want the 64/32bit question to complicate matters - i've also go the sql2005 and actinic on 1 machine to eliminate network problems too. it just doesnt seem to want to work !

Comment

Hi Jan,

thanks for that - glad i'm not the only one!

I'm going to the user conference next week - might take my lappy & kidnap one of their guys! lol

Ross.

Comment

Originally posted by rwoodward View Post
              Hi Jan,

thanks for that - glad i'm not the only one!

I'm going to the user conference next week - might take my lappy & kidnap one of their guys! lol

Ross.
              Come and find me, I'll point you in the correct direction.

Ben
              Benjamin Dyer
              CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                Come and find me, I'll point you in the correct direction.

Ben
                cheers! if you get it working i'll get you a (free) beer! lol

Ross.

Comment

Working...
                X