Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export Design Snapshot

Hi,
    We are using V10 Enterprise, when in design mode (or any for that matter) the 'Export Design Option' is greyed out, is it possible to enable this?

The reason I want to use this method is due to the issue below.

I have tried using the design snapshot import with a standard snapshot, it state that it will only import the design but at the end it has deleted all existing products and replaced then with the design site products.

Most fustrating!

I have searched the forum, and can only find this issue in V8, I have also read the section in AUG, the help files only mention how to use the export, not enable it.

Thanks
    Tony

Just an update, seems Actinic support have the same problems!

Comment

Morning Tony

I have passed this on to the development team and will post back their reply.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you, as a basic function for deploying news sites for us it is a deal beaker at the moment.

As an aside, this feature does work if you are using an Access database, we are using MS SQL.

Comment

I can confirm that Design snapshot export is not currently available from SQL sites.

The feature was primarily intended for use with Actinic Designer, which is Access only. It was made available from Business Plus and the Access version of Enterprise for the sake of a few users are both trading in their own right, and deploying sites on behalf of others. But unfortunately it was never extended to the SQL version.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Why was this not documented? Even your support staffs are not aware of this.

Was this crippled by design? Users of Enterprise SQL will be by the definition of the name be 'Enterprise' who will be running large sites, probably multiple instances etc, they will have designers in house, data handling departments etc, not a lone person designing, entering data and then deploying a site, so, one of the most useful components has been removed as not being of use.

I would have expected more from the premium product, not less as in this case.

Disappointed.

Comment

Not deliberately crippled, but it was a reasonable amount of additional work for something which, at the time, nobody was asking for.

I am getting an estimate of the work involved, to see if it's possible to fit into the schedule.
              Bruce Townsend

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                Not deliberately crippled, but it was a reasonable amount of additional work for something which, at the time, nobody was asking for.

I am getting an estimate of the work involved, to see if it's possible to fit into the schedule.
                Might be cheaper to include Actinic Designer as an free addon to Enterprise rather than spend all that effort on software and testing

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

We might consider that in an individual case if it helped. It would have to be negotiated with your account manager. You can't run Designer and Enterprise on the same PC, though.
                  Bruce Townsend

Comment

Working...
                  X