Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extensive manual

Hi,
    is there an extensive, in depth all bells & whistles manual available on line or published?

just a simple question : in the product / description....how do I get this to appear on the web page....mind doesn't seem to show when published.!!

cheers

From inside Actinic, click on the "Help" in the menu bar at the top and then chhose "Help topics". See what you thinnk of that.

Chris

Comment

Peter - assuming you have entered some text into the product description box and it is still not showing check you have set a product layout which it is used (not all the layouts have it used). Against the product click on the "layout" tab and against "product layout" select a standard layout such as "Standard Layout using CSS" is the default for many themes.

If is is still not showing go to Design > Library > layouts

Expand the "Products" category and double click the layout you are using - for example "Standard layout using CSS" . Click where you want the description to appear (make an educated guess if you are not sure about Actinic and see where it appears and move accordingly) and start to type "ProductDescription" .. without the quotes. Select ProductDescription from the pop-up and it will appear in the layout in a bright blue colour. Apply and OK and close the library.

Click onto another section and back again to refresh the page and you should see the text in place.

HTH

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

wow, this forum is just soo helpful.....thank you all for the support.

another quickie: can I set up my cart, without direct payment temporarily, so they can order & I ring them for payment?.......just a limited situation but want to try the cart with this.

Comment

Chris.................yep have found that & used it, but find that you have to know what section your answer should be in to be able to select it, there have been occasions when I have searched , got close but still not completely got answers, but then have run out of 'key' words to try to find the right section........if indeed it exists.....thats why I was wondering if there was an extensive manual or a 'dummies' guide available.

Comment

You can also find help in each screen usually right down to the field level. Click on the "?" and then click on the field in question. Sometimes it then refers to the correct article in the main help.

We don't produce a printed manual, but you can print out the help in its entirety if you want.

Yes, you can achieve what you want with payment. Go to Business Settings | Payment and Security and delete all payment methods except "Invoice with order", or click on the "+" and add the exact method you want. Actinic supports a variety of payment methods that don't require payment at the time the order is placed.

Chris

Comment

Cheers Chris thats very useful...............

Peter

Comment

Working...
              X