Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Payment Service Provider - Realex

Hello
    Regarding my site at www.gprsmodems.co.uk.
    Actinic Business 10.0.1 KEUB
    PSP:Realex
    I am new to this community and have a problem regarding some transactions going to "pending payment service provider" from certain countries. I have noticed Italy cropping up on a number of occasions in regard to this. One particular transaction I will describe now.
    Customer orders online and receives "A General Script Error Ocurred", "Input contains invalid characters" after inputting card details. On downloading the the order it is placed in "pending payment service provider", however the payment is present on Realcontrol when I log-in. In other words the payment has gone through. I have asked the customer for feedback. Apparently the customer is using a 3D secure credit card, our site is not set up for 3Dsecure. I thought if somebody places an order with a Visa verified card at a non 3D Secure site it should go through as normal. As the customer quite rightly pointed out there is no place to enter the 3D password.
    I am confused as to whether this is a Realex issue or some type of problem with the integration of Actinic. I have had other similar situations to this, mainly from customers in Italy.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind regards to everybody
    John A.

It's hard to say what the problem is. The script error is a sign that the customer has been returned to your website for the receipt page but is hitting a problem there.

There's no sign of a script error in your error log. Did you clear this recently and when did the problem last occur?

Apparently the customer is using a 3D secure credit card, our site is not set up for 3Dsecure. I thought if somebody places an order with a Visa verified card at a non 3D Secure site it should go through as normal.
    Not really. All sites should be 3d secure compatable by now but that may or may not be related to the problem.

As the customer quite rightly pointed out there is no place to enter the 3D password.
    The 3d secure challenge/password is sent by the processing bank to the customer in a new window or frame. It isn't entered on the standard page.

The exact error message would be a good starting point to try and identify the problem.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Realex

Mike

Thank you for your reply. I hope I made it clear in my earlier post that this is only happening occasionally and seems to be certain customers who have Visa verified or Mastercard secure enabled cards. The PSP advised that when customers shop with 3D Secure it should work on my site which hasnt got this feature enabled at present. I would like to mention all other orders come through normally and are located in the correct "Pending and completed" folder.
      The only script error I can see was sent from a customer. Please see attached file.
      This error doesnt leave any trace in the error log within Actinic.
      Thanks again for your earlier reply.
      Regards
      John A.
      Attached Files

Comment

OK. I see the general script error messsage is a Realex one rather than Actinic. This suggests that realex is falling over after the customer enters their data but before passing them to Actinic.

The error message doesn't give any clues as to which bit of input they don't like. As a whole they only appear to accept A-Z a-z 0-9 _ - as valid characters for many fields so things I'd be wondering about are:

- Check the Actinic data (order numbers, etc are compliant).
        - Check the customers data. It's possible some European characters with accents, etc might be causing a problem. They shouldn't do, but if the failed orders have these then that might be a clue as to the cause.

On the whole though, I'd be chasing Realex on this. Their error logs should show the failure details and allow them to identify the cause.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Realex

Mike

Many thanks for your help and input.

Kind regards
          John A

Comment

Hi There

I am running version 9 business plus on a few sites and all of my paypal payments are going into pending payment. Can anyone help. Have I lost a link from paypal or something?

Thanks
            Andy

Comment

Huge thread and a KB article on the subject, please search before posting, your question has nothing to do with the subject of this thread (realex) either.

Comment

Working...
              X